Cruisers Forum
 


Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-03-2018, 08:20   #211
Registered User

Join Date: May 2011
Location: Lake Ont
Posts: 8,322
Re: Prepping?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabeau View Post
Very funny. Humanity's numbers are slowly but steadily increasing with every year to the detriment of our environment and social order. However, the white race's numbers in Europe and North America are not increasing, the same race which you have already spoke of in a slightly disparaging manner. Why is this occurring? Are the whites more aware of the over population problem or simply more taxed?
Lake-Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 08:36   #212
Senior Cruiser
 
newhaul's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: puget sound washington
Boat: 1968 Islander bahama 24 hull 182, 1963 columbia 29 defender. hull # 60
Posts: 11,120
Re: Prepping?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake-Effect View Post
what is your issue with his posting of statistical facts?
__________________
Non illigitamus carborundum
newhaul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 08:40   #213
Registered User

Join Date: May 2011
Location: Lake Ont
Posts: 8,322
Re: Prepping?

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhaul View Post
what is your issue with his posting of statistical facts?
"social order... white race... more taxed..." Connect the dots.

(God I hope you were actually joking and not defending that comment)
Lake-Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 09:11   #214
Senior Cruiser
 
newhaul's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: puget sound washington
Boat: 1968 Islander bahama 24 hull 182, 1963 columbia 29 defender. hull # 60
Posts: 11,120
Re: Prepping?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake-Effect View Post
"social order... white race... more taxed..." Connect the dots.

(God I hope you were actually joking and not defending that comment)
no not defending that comment specifically however he is correct in the statistical fact of
( lets say it more appropriately) persons of Caucasian descent.
The actual fact of the matter is there is surprisingly little between the different races at the DNA levels. There is much more disparity between say many members of the canine genus .
I hope I'm being appropriately articulate ( still suffering from daylight savings time lag.)

his comments concerning social order and taxes are way off base IMO
__________________
Non illigitamus carborundum
newhaul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 11:44   #215
Registered User

Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Northport NY
Boat: Pearson 10M
Posts: 424
Re: Prepping?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabeau View Post
Very funny. Humanity's numbers are slowly but steadily increasing with every year to the detriment of our environment and social order. However, the white race's numbers in Europe and North America are not increasing, the same race which you have already spoke of in a slightly disparaging manner. Why is this occurring? Are the whites more aware of the over population problem or simply more taxed?
The declining birth rate of the white race (as you have it) is due to the more advanced role that women have in society. Meaning as in advanced countries women are more likely to be in the work force and not home making babies. Further, the need for many children to make sure some survive and take care of you in your old age is no longer a factor. This is not a "white" issue, Japan is having the same issue. I think the Japanese government has a dating site to get young people to hook up and get "busy".
sagablu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 11:56   #216
Registered User
 
daletournier's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Australia
Boat: Catalina 470
Posts: 4,576
Re: Prepping?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagablu View Post
The declining birth rate of the white race (as you have it) is due to the more advanced role that women have in society. Meaning as in advanced countries women are more likely to be in the work force and not home making babies. Further, the need for many children to make sure some survive and take care of you in your old age is no longer a factor. This is not a "white" issue, Japan is having the same issue. I think the Japanese government has a dating site to get young people to hook up and get "busy".
Also economics. Kids are expensive to run and we don't require them to look after us in our old age.

I chose to have none as I wanted to retire early and a kid isn't good financial planning. Most of my friends have none, one or two that's it. Kids are not logical choice if thinking economically.

White man is getting bred out, we are actively participating in this form of natural selection, I'm an active participant.

I think my vasectomy cost approx $270 in 2000, ROI?..... HUGE!!!
daletournier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 12:13   #217
cruiser

Join Date: Jan 2017
Boat: Retired from CF
Posts: 13,302
Re: Prepping?

Race is just as much an artificial, social construct as is nationality, no real basis in objective genetics.

And the sooner we all reduce our birth rates and create economic systems that don't require ever-expanding growth, the more likely we can avoid the extreme catastrophes preppers keep predicting.
john61ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 13:11   #218
Registered User

Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 1,117
Re: Prepping?

Quote:
Originally Posted by john61ct View Post
Race is just as much an artificial, social construct as is nationality, no real basis in objective genetics.

And the sooner we all reduce our birth rates and create economic systems that don't require ever-expanding growth, the more likely we can avoid the extreme catastrophes preppers keep predicting.
I truly respect the sentiment, but there are unfortunately few examples in history where true multiculturalism existed in a constructive manner (with those periods flanked by bloodshed). As much as I desire a Star Trek future like the next guy, the only thing I see driving us in that direction is the global phenomenon where everyone under age 22 shares the same lack of cultural identity and ambition, permanently hunched over an electric device.

We are already in a relatively non-scarcity economy. The problem is that a lot of people are not satisfied receiving their portion of the gross world product that looks currently to be around $17,000 (I admit that I am one of them).
Singularity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2018, 09:42   #219
Registered User

Join Date: May 2016
Location: Prescott, AZ
Boat: American Mariner 24'
Posts: 138
Re: Prepping?

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhaul View Post
Here is a per book that imo every cruiser/ sailor should have in his/ her arsenal. Named Sailing The Farm
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...SbNqBjfN8yQzAa
a great reference book and has lots of useable information in it.
Thank you for the link, looks very interesting.
ClassicalBGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2018, 10:47   #220
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: West Coast Canada
Posts: 118
Re: Prepping?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicalBGP View Post
Thank you for the link, looks very interesting.
Handy book ..... some very good points
Navi2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2018, 12:54   #221
Registered User

Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: nowra nsw australia
Boat: 32 contessa
Posts: 207
Re: Prepping?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 406Columbia View Post
Rob,

Your not wrong, the world isn't as it seems. If you guys ever get hit, you come on out to my neck of the woods. I have lots of land, you guys can come out till things settle down.

Dan
cheers buddy ,,,
__________________
The greatest evil is physical pain.
Saint Augustine
Robert Tilbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2018, 06:52   #222
Registered User
 
Group9's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,909
Images: 10
Re: Prepping?

Go through a major hurricane. Then look around. It's very easy to identify the people who planned and prepared to take care of themselves in a disaster, and those whose plan was to hope someone else would come in and take care of them.
__________________
Founding member of the controversial Calypso rock band, Guns & Anchors!
Group9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2018, 07:04   #223
cruiser

Join Date: Jan 2017
Boat: Retired from CF
Posts: 13,302
Re: Prepping?

Well, preparing for a relatively likely and specific type of disaster is one thing.

It doesn't disrupt living a normal life, assuming you have the disposable income.

But that isn't what most of us visualize when "preppers" talk about the more general collapse of society's fragile supply chains.
john61ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2018, 07:21   #224
Registered User
 
Group9's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,909
Images: 10
Re: Prepping?

Quote:
Originally Posted by john61ct View Post
Well, preparing for a relatively likely and specific type of disaster is one thing.

It doesn't disrupt living a normal life, assuming you have the disposable income.

But that isn't what most of us visualize when "preppers" talk about the more general collapse of society's fragile supply chains.
The thing that stuck with me, after Katrina, was how different it would be in a disaster where several other cities or locales were affected at the same time, with no cavalry riding to the rescue. The first week was pure hell. No water, no food, no power, no law enforcement, no gasoline, no hospitals.

Imaging that continuing on for months was what made me first decide that maybe the "preppers" weren't the crazy ones, as much as the "I can't contemplate a disaster of that magnitude, therefore it can't happen, and I shouldn't worry about it" crowd.
__________________
Founding member of the controversial Calypso rock band, Guns & Anchors!
Group9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2018, 07:40   #225
Registered User

Join Date: May 2011
Location: Lake Ont
Posts: 8,322
Re: Prepping?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Group9 View Post
{Imagining chaos] continuing on for months was what made me first decide that maybe the "preppers" weren't the crazy ones, as much as the "I can't contemplate a disaster of that magnitude, therefore it can't happen, and I shouldn't worry about it" crowd.
Perhaps... but overall, what's the better "prepping" strategy - simply amassing a store of stuff, or working with others to ensure that your community and by extension your country have the resilience and resources to manage catastrophe? Not to mention the wisdom to keep out of self-made trouble.

(Correct answer is, of course, do both)
Lake-Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prepping My Boat for the End of the World barnakiel Flotsam & Sailing Miscellany 251 09-06-2019 08:15
Brief Intro - prepping for blue sail Roland693 Meets & Greets 7 18-03-2012 15:55
Prepping Fiberglass Lapstrake Hull For Painting svpolaris Construction, Maintenance & Refit 0 14-10-2010 04:13
Prepping a Sadler 29 for Ocean Cruising feelsgood General Sailing Forum 2 10-02-2010 10:57

Advertise Here


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 16:05.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.