Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-04-2018, 13:33   #1
cruiser

Oyster Yachts - A New Beginning

April 6, 2018

Oyster - A New Beginning

Oyster is delighted to confirm it is now under new ownership. Richard Hadida, a British entrepreneur and founder of global software business Evolution Gaming Group and a lifelong sailor, has acquired the business with the firm commitment to re-establish Oyster as the premium designer and manufacturer of yachts in the world. Richard’s investment has secured the future of Oyster. He has established a new management team with both the experience and capability to deliver a fast and effective transformation. The future for Oyster looks very bright.

Message from Richard Hadida:

I am a lifelong, passionate sailor and yachtsman. This culminated for me in 2014 when I was fortunate enough to become the very proud owner of a new Oyster 885. These last four years sailing my Oyster have only served to strengthen my belief that Oyster is the absolute pinnacle in yacht design.

But Oyster is about more than just the yachts itself. When you buy an Oyster, you truly become part of the Oyster family – this is what makes owning an Oyster so special and why I felt it was so important that we save this prestigious British yacht builder and continue to nurture and grow the Oyster Group for the long term.

I have established a fantastic management team to help me return Oyster to its rightful place, including Kim Stubbs, who lead the hugely successful turnaround of Sunseeker.

Our immediate priority as a new management team is to quickly re-build the design and manufacturing teams, then to ensure the completion of all the “in-build” projects that have until today been paused while Oyster completes this change in ownership. We will be in touch with all our customers immediately to get this process moving forward and to ensure our customers get the service they deserve.

I truly believe we can restore Oyster to its former glory and equip the Oyster Group for the next 100 years. I look forward to embarking on this exciting journey with you.
OrinocoFlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 03:33   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Re: Oyster Yachts - A New Beginning

“... The deal, which was concluded for an undisclosed sum, includes Oyster Marine Limited as well as Oyster Marine Holdings, meaning that the brand name and trademark, technical designs and drawings, build manuals, hull mouldings, machinery and subsidiary shares have all been purchased.

However the new company, which will trade under the name Oyster Yachts, will carry no liability for the 2015 sinking of the 27.43 metre sailing yacht Polina Star III and any subsequent legal action ...”

Interesting ➥ https://www.boatinternational.com/ya...achting--36077

GordMay is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
oyster, yacht