Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-06-2011, 06:48   #16

Boat: TBD
Re: Opinions needed

Pblais

More good info, my brother and his wife are in a sailing school right now, I plan to do one in the future with my GF, I am just trying to fit all of the things I need to do,line up etc ,into the next two or three years,my projected start time. I know that may be a tall order. I live when I am not working in Sosua DR, that is about 60 klicks east of Luperon, I will be down there in about three weeks and plan a trip there.I wish I knew some one that I could do some extended cruising with, but that is pretty unlikely, my dumb @ss uncle sunk his 50ft Hunter at the dock,ROTFLMAO LOLOLOLOL. tip...Kerosun heaters and drunk do not mix.Sorry I'm not that insensitive,but damn, do not operate outside of your abilities,pouring fuel into a lit heater while hammered,WTF??

Back to the topic at hand, keep the input comming, I am compiling info at a fast rate, between this site and all the books I'm reading and my plans to link up with a couple people in luperon who have sailed the world ,I may get enough info to just kill myself real fast instead of slow and painful. BtC
bobthecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2011, 06:49   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Research vessel for a university, retired now.

If you do go custom make sure it was designed by an excellent naval architect and built at a yard by people who really know what they are doing. Avoid the home builds.

Life begins where land ends.
David M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2011, 06:53   #18

Boat: TBD

My tentative plan as of now is a production boat, just need to narrow it down to a manufacture or two. Thanks

In an earlier post, something tough I can bounce off of stuff.
bobthecat is offline   Reply With Quote