Thanks Pete! Despite the initial surprise and disappointment of water ingress in the supposedly water tight departments, this was an easy fix and I am now very happy with the boat. I tested her with oars and full sail also and she is just as nice to sail and row as she looks.
The easiest way to get her up on deck is to lift
her with one of the sail halyards and a winch
. She then remains vertical as I unscrew the four bolts which holds her together and with the forward part still attached to the halyard
, I move it in the correct position under the boom. I then attach the aft end to the halyard
and lift that one on top of the forward part. Not too complicated but much easier with two persons.
She seems a bit more stable than I had anticipated but I haven't tested her in a blow yet. Looking forward to that.