Cruisers Forum
 


Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-04-2018, 12:46   #1
Registered User
 
BigAl.NZ's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Auckland, NZ
Boat: Hood 38 - Wauquiez
Posts: 628
New Orleans

Hi Fellow Sailors,

Im in NOLA next weekend (13th April for 5 days) as my partner has a conference to go to.

I see there are a few members here from NOLA and I am curious to what the sailing is like in that neck of the woods (Im from NZ).

Haven't got any firm plans yet but could be interested in a sail if anyone if after a excuse to hit the water.

Cheers

AG
BigAl.NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 08:30   #2
Registered User
 
SailRedemption's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: New Orleans
Boat: Kaufman 47
Posts: 1,184
Re: New Orleans

Hey AG,

We are from the area. If you think you'll be there until Wed evening the 18th that is the night of races for Orleans yacht club. I'm sure if you get to the docks before 6, you may catch a ride on someone's boat.

The same goes for this coming weekend, there may be some races going on or just people going for a cruise. We'll be out of town delivering a boat from Key West to Mexico otherwise we could have met up.

Good luck and enjoy the city!
SailRedemption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 12:03   #3
Registered User
 
BigAl.NZ's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Auckland, NZ
Boat: Hood 38 - Wauquiez
Posts: 628
Re: New Orleans

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailRedemption View Post
Hey AG,

We are from the area. If you think you'll be there until Wed evening the 18th that is the night of races for Orleans yacht club. I'm sure if you get to the docks before 6, you may catch a ride on someone's boat.

The same goes for this coming weekend, there may be some races going on or just people going for a cruise. We'll be out of town delivering a boat from Key West to Mexico otherwise we could have met up.

Good luck and enjoy the city!
Thanks for that. We leave for Chicago the night of the 18th

Where is the yacht club?

It is possible yo get a not in the cloub house - kiwi visitors interested in a short sail. Recprocal rights in NZ"

Cheers,,

Al
BigAl.NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 22:33   #4
Registered User
 
SailRedemption's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: New Orleans
Boat: Kaufman 47
Posts: 1,184
Re: New Orleans

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl.NZ View Post
Thanks for that. We leave for Chicago the night of the 18th

Where is the yacht club?

It is possible yo get a not in the cloub house - kiwi visitors interested in a short sail. Recprocal rights in NZ"

Cheers,,

Al
Ha! I'm sure that would be welcomed! The address to New Orleans yacht club is:

New Orleans Yacht Club
403 N Roadway St, New Orleans, LA 70124
(504) 283-2581

https://goo.gl/maps/PF1QN8oPuoL2

I'll try to find out this week if there is anything going on in the lake, a few yacht clubs in the area. We leave for our delivery Fri, so I'll find out something for you. If not anything, I'll point you to some good eats around there (:

Ronnie
SailRedemption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 23:08   #5
Registered User
 
BigAl.NZ's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Auckland, NZ
Boat: Hood 38 - Wauquiez
Posts: 628
Re: New Orleans

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailRedemption View Post
Ha! I'm sure that would be welcomed! The address to New Orleans yacht club is:

New Orleans Yacht Club
403 N Roadway St, New Orleans, LA 70124
(504) 283-2581

https://goo.gl/maps/PF1QN8oPuoL2

I'll try to find out this week if there is anything going on in the lake, a few yacht clubs in the area. We leave for our delivery Fri, so I'll find out something for you. If not anything, I'll point you to some good eats around there (:

Ronnie
Thanks Ronnie. See PM.

PS: I am purchasing some stuff from Sea Trac Marine in NOLA - they ok?

Cheers

AG
BigAl.NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 08:10   #6
Registered User
 
SailRedemption's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: New Orleans
Boat: Kaufman 47
Posts: 1,184
Re: New Orleans

Yea their good, my family are friends with the owners. They should be able to fix you up.

I'll check your PM.
SailRedemption is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
new orleans

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Owner in New Orleans coachcharl Meets & Greets 3 07-07-2009 20:09
Services around New Orleans drew.ward Dollars & Cents 0 22-06-2008 22:55
Post-Katrina New Orleans GordMay Health, Safety & Related Gear 6 14-04-2006 17:31
First Voyage - New Orleans to Corpus Christi markpj23 Sailor Logs & Cruising Plans 5 09-03-2006 14:36
New Orleans Marinas - 4 Months Later markpj23 General Sailing Forum 8 01-01-2006 21:29

Advertise Here


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:06.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.