Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-10-2013, 10:28   #16

Why not just ask them kindly to "stow the dingy"?
MBLittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:28   #17

Boat: 1989 50 ft Roberts
Re: Naked sailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krogensailor View Post
"Here is a reply showing that stripper pole exercising is 100% compatible w/ boating. "

I like this comment the best!!
+1
Matt sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:30   #18
Neo

Boat: Pearson 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtmf View Post
If you want to stop it FILM IT
.... ...and post it.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:43   #19
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36
It's the med , Europeans have little or no issue with simple nudity. Leave your hangups at home

Dave
Old 07-10-2013, 10:53   #20

Boat: So many boats to choose from. Would prefer something that is not an AWB, and that is beachable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain58sailin View Post
My experience has been that most people (myself included) look better with clothes on rather than clothes off.
I beg to differ. Not being forced in a swimsuit that's too small most bodies look a lot better.
K_V_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:13   #21

The world is a buggered up place, many of us are taught that there is something distasteful about our bodies. Its really too bad. In some societies women must be covered for fear men might not be able to control themselves...unfortunately most of these screwed up thoughts were those of very insecure males from the bronze age. Its unfortunate that after thousands of years we still believe and behave in similar ways today.
robert sailor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:14   #22
Neo

Naked is fine, but having little to no consideration for others around you is not.... in my opinion.

If you have to thumb something at me, I prefer it to be your nose, not your bottom.
Old 07-10-2013, 11:20   #23

Boat: Skookum 53'

It was an opinion, and we all have opinions. Most places I've been where there have been clothing optional beachs, that has been the case FOR ME. I have no objection to nude sailing what so ever. The only reason I wear clothes in the first place is due to the weather where I live. When I head south next spring, look out! And avert your eyes, the retinas will be seared. I would wear cut offs to help protect the jumbly bits. If you don't wear something comfortable, then it is your own fault.
Old 07-10-2013, 11:22   #24
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
Naked is fine, but having little to no consideration for others around you is not.... in my opinion.

If you have to thumb something at me, I prefer it to be your nose, not your bottom.
Are you saying you object to naked people on their own boat in an anchorage next to you.

Dave
Old 07-10-2013, 11:23   #25

Nude sailing seems more prevalent in some areas than others. In Hawaii it was pretty common.
pbiJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:32   #26

Boat: 1969 Morgan 28, Stiletto 27

I see nothing wrong with nudity.

But I very much object to messing with other people, purposefully violating their values for no good reason. Striking bizarre poses, squirreling (Southern for wagging your weenie), or any activity that is focused on gaining the attention of an unwilling spectator is rude and boorish.
Old 07-10-2013, 11:33   #27

Boat: Westerly Oceanlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrodamus View Post
If these had been women I don't think I would have objected so much but come on... there were kids on other boats and surely this was going a little too far.
Hmm...so you're in a country of which you are not a native, and your complaint is not about disrespecting local values: You want neighbours to rule their lives according to your personal hang ups. The fact that it would be ok if it was women suggest you cannot disassociate nudity from sexuality and have a concern that if anyone sees you facing the direction of a naked man others might think you're gay. You're fine with looking at naked women because that's all good blokey fun. If not, then is there a specific reason for the gender difference in your personal dress rules?

Oh wait, it's not about you you're only thinking of the children. Because they're all born with an innate tendency to be upset by seeing men (but not women) in the distance without clothes?
muttnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:39   #28

Boat: So many boats to choose from. Would prefer something that is not an AWB, and that is beachable...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
Naked is fine, but having little to no consideration for others around you is not.... in my opinion. If you have to thumb something at me, I prefer it to be your nose, not your bottom.
But why is it inconsiderate of me to be naked, but not inconsiderate of you to require me to cover up?
K_V_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:40   #29
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by goboatingnow View Post
Are you saying you object to naked people on their own boat in an anchorage next to you.

Dave
It's sad that many do not see the beauty of the human condition. One of the all time great works of art is Rodin's "The Old Courtesan"... (The Old Woman).

However, what I am trying to say is that first and foremost we should think of others, in my opinion. I think people forget or don't realize that everything we do is for others, family, friends, society...no man is an island, not even on his very own boat.

Where one draws the line is up to the individual. Just saying that if you can see the whites of their eyes.......maybe put yourself out....I mean put something on.
Old 07-10-2013, 11:47   #30
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_V_B View Post
But why is it inconsiderate of me to be naked, but not inconsiderate of you to require me to cover up?
No one is required to do anything, unless there is a law of course, but we shouldn't need laws to govern common courtesy. If I was naked and a boat pulled up near me, I would cover up. If I pulled up next to a boat with naked people I would enjoy the view or move on.

(Edit) If your wait for the other guy to do the considerate thing, you might end up waiting a very long time.

Tags
sail, sailing