Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-12-2019, 14:46   #1

Musto BR2 feedback

I know there is lots of information out there on weather gear">foul weather gear, but I'm specifically looking for feedback on those who have the Musto BR2 (either Coastal or Offshore setup). I'm heading to Hamble Le Rice in less than two months time to start my RYA Yachtmaster Ocean certification and have an opportunity to buy directly from Musto (with a 30% discount). From all reviews they make great products but it would also be nice to hear from those of you who are currently wearing the product out on the water. As always I appreciate your feedback and look forward to your comments.
Dennis Clarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 15:06   #2

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Moody 31
Re: Musto BR2 feedback

Dennis, I have a pair of the BR2 trousers on board. They just never wear out, brilliant kit. I keep looking for discounted or a second hand jacket, but the demand for them is huge so they always go for good prices in the UK.

These are the two nearest large shops, see how the prices match the 30% offer.

https://andark.co.uk/

https://www.force4.co.uk/storelocator/index/view/id/17

Good luck with the exam btw
Pete7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 05:46   #3

Thanks Pete...will check them out....BTW the course is 17 weeks long will have logged 2500 miles when completed...Can't wait.
Old 08-12-2019, 06:13   #4

Boat: Heritage 35

Had Musto Ocean suit lasted 15+ years. Then went cheaper to Henry Lloyd. 1st suit 5 years second suit 4 years before they started to leak. No Warranty No one really cared in fact. So now back with Musto that I purchased from Andark at Southampton boat show. I'll see how it turns out.
Kalinka1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 12:54   #5

If you're heading for the UK I would seriously consider Decathlon Tribord 900 oillies. I have had Musto HPX before and prefer the Decathlon stuff at less than half the price. I teach out of Hamble over winter and my kit is 5 years old and going strong. You could have it delivered to the marina if needed though there is a Decathlon shop in Southampton.
HiAndDri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 13:09   #6

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Moody 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalinka1 View Post
Had Musto Ocean suit lasted 15+ years. Then went cheaper to Henry Lloyd. 1st suit 5 years second suit 4 years before they started to leak. No Warranty No one really cared in fact. So now back with Musto that I purchased from Andark at Southampton boat show. I'll see how it turns out.
HL used to be good kit, but then they went under and eventually bought out by a Sweedish company. Shame had a great reputation years ago.

Dennis, you will need to try this stuff on, for example I take a large in HL but XL in Musto.

Haven't heard of Tribord before, interesting.

If you are arriving from Mexico in Feb then you will need a woolly hat and gloves too. Here is todays weather, a tad windy, but brisk sailing conditions.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	More wind.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	122.4 KB
ID:	204577   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gales.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	204578  

Pete7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 06:23   #7

Thanks for the input...When I arrive I'll have a week before course starts so I'll head over to the Southampton location and check them out....their website looks interesting
Old 09-12-2019, 06:29   #8

Appreciated....seems Decathlon has lots of things that I could look at...yes Wollies will be a necessity....can always get good base layers (with wool) at places like Marks & Spencer as well....Hey nice weather forecast! Figured if I can sail in and around the Solent from February onwards,,,I should be able to handle most any type of weather....going to be a challenge but a lot of fun.....(don't know about the warm beer yet)

Tags
grass