Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-11-2016, 13:08   #76

Boat: None,build the one shown of glass, had many from 6' to 48'.
Re: Move Please, Get Outta the Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorboy1 View Post
Well cruising really is maintenance in "exotic" places. OTOH it does make for a good excuse to pull into the lap of luxury (a crappy marina). I'm on my second marnia stop/stay to get a new autopilot drive unit. The first lasted 15 years and the second one lasted 2 hours :-(

As I'm now in South Carolina my hope for BBQ has increased. But it turns out that according to the locals it is a 8 minute drive away, which is a loooooong walk.
If you stay at the marina at Patriots Point, Mt. Pleasant Bessinger's is not that far a walk. Grab a cab. The weather is nice so walk or the marina my have a courteous car service? With the traffic a walk might be quicker.
Cadence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2016, 03:59   #77
CLOD

Boat: none

Beaufort SC - FINALLY found some BBQ
Old 13-11-2016, 05:13   #78

Sandfly BBQ, maybe 10 minute walk from Isle Of Hope Marina in Savannah. Also they have a courtesy car.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1068.JPG
Views:	100
Size:	354.8 KB
ID:	136007  
Delancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2016, 07:40   #79
CLOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delancey View Post
Sandfly BBQ, maybe 10 minute walk from Isle Of Hope Marina in Savannah. Also they have a courtesy car.
I found Willey's and finally had some BBQ!!!
Old 03-12-2016, 08:36   #80
CLOD

I tried to stay for a month in one of those 5 star marinas with the pool and all the stuff. We had talked ourselves into the cost because it had a lot things like shopping within walking distance so we thought is would work out budget wise. Well they didn't have room for someone looking for a 1 month stay, but "if you want we can squeeze you in for a 3 day stay". I tried around 12 other marinas within 50 miles of where I wanted to be for Christmas so my wife could spend time with her 78 year old Mom. Got the same story everywhere that the longest we could stay is a week, which is almost the same cost as a month and only a couple of dollars from doing daily rates. So we ended up in the lap of "luxury" for $165/mo on a mooring where we are I think sitting on the bottom. First day we went walking and it was 2.6 miles to get to the dead town and another 1.5 miles to get to a real grocery store, so now we have to get a car for the month. So that brings the "cheat" marina stay to more than the nice places would have been for the month.

On the plus everyone can feel safe on the water during December as given the water depth here I'm not likely to try to get out and in very often.

Tags
lease