Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-08-2015, 06:43   #16

Re: Motorbikes on Boats

I saw a guy with a Honda CB 750 on his ferro cement boat last year. It made me smile.

Sent from my XP7700 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
FamilyVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 07:05   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyVan View Post
I saw a guy with a Honda CB 750 on his ferro cement boat last year. It made me smile.

How big was the ferro cement boat? According to Wikipedia and generally these bikes weight almost 600lbs not a lightweight
james3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 07:11   #18

It was a good sized boat. I can only guess about 50- 60'. It had a big square poop deck and it was lashed to the rail at the stern. I have no idea how he got it on and off.

FamilyVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 08:43   #19

Boat: Jefferson Motoryacht 45' Whatever!

We had Dahon Mariner folding bikes but got the Aprilia for further trips. We went back and forth to radiation treatment everyday for 6-1/2 weeks on it. We were in salt water the whole time we owned it, and when we sold it, there was absolutely no rust on it, of course, we had the sunbrella cover made for that purpose. It was a life saver for us!
whatever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 09:28   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever View Post
We had Dahon Mariner folding bikes but got the Aprilia for further trips. We went back and forth to radiation treatment everyday for 6-1/2 weeks on it. We were in salt water the whole time we owned it, and when we sold it, there was absolutely no rust on it, of course, we had the sunbrella cover made for that purpose. It was a life saver for us!
this one ? Amazon.com: Dahon Mariner D7 Folding Bike, Brushed

Not bad, but what about full size bikes as Montague Paratrooper for example ? i'm tall 6"1' (184cm) I'm afraid that using a bike like that I'll have problem hanging around
Old 11-08-2015, 10:10   #21

Very much like that, but ours were blue. My husband is 6' and he had no problems with ours. The great thing about the Dahon's are that you can get the Tipke Mfg Fold-it cart and they also make the adapter that fits the bike so that you can take it with you to do your shopping! He didn't want to spend that much money on a cart, but after 10yrs, he says that is the best thing I ever suggested we get! We are still using it, its lightweight but will carry 350lbs, aluminum, large tires, and folds up for easy storage on the boat or to load on the dinghy. Also Tipke is a great customer service company! We were at a marina in SW Florida and the dockmaster had one that the hubs that hold the wheels on the cart were needing replaced. We contacted them, they sent enough to do his cart and ours for free! You don't find many companies like that!
Old 11-08-2015, 10:20   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever View Post
Very much like that, but ours were blue. My husband is 6' and he had no problems with ours. The great thing about the Dahon's are that you can get the Tipke Mfg Fold-it cart and they also make the adapter that fits the bike so that you can take it with you to do your shopping! He didn't want to spend that much money on a cart, but after 10yrs, he says that is the best thing I ever suggested we get! We are still using it, its lightweight but will carry 350lbs, aluminum, large tires, and folds up for easy storage on the boat or to load on the dinghy. Also Tipke is a great customer service company! We were at a marina in SW Florida and the dockmaster had one that the hubs that hold the wheels on the cart were needing replaced. We contacted them, they sent enough to do his cart and ours for free! You don't find many companies like that!

this seems really nice and usefull indeed!! Tipke Manufacturing Company, Inc.
Old 11-08-2015, 10:40   #23

You won't be disappointed, just watchful as everyone else covets your cart! lol