Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-07-2010, 17:59   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Lived aboard & cruised for 45 years,- now on a chair in my walk-in closet.
Boat: Morgan OI 413 1973 - Aythya
Jack McCracken, I did spend 9 years thinking of the cruising sailboat before purchasing. I would have found something sooner, but there was the money, career pursuits, .....mostly money. I did sail a little 12' Alcoacraft that kept me excited with the goal, but I didn't buy the boat until 1971. I've been living on cruising sailboats since '72. Alcohol does have the potential to derail people from their goals as well as fear and anxiety. It might be the best plan to make the plan. What dominos need to fall in order for success? The budget's a good idea, but I'd add a timeline of events, self-discipline, education, active sailing, matching vocation needs with the cruising...add more intermediate goals. I'm always best when I know all the steps of my path,--maybe you too? Sure, you might not end up as a "terminal case" cruiser like me, but there is no loss to following a goal and making plans. Take care and joy, Aythya crew
Hudson Force is offline   Reply With Quote