Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-10-2014, 08:55   #1

Boat: Still Searching
Miami Area Cruisers and Boats...

Hey everyone,

My wife (29) and I (35) are in preparation to transition from land life to cruiser life in the hopefully not to distant future.

We will be in Miami Dec 5-9th and would love to take the opportunity to check out some boats (they don't need to be for sale). Even better would be to hook up with any cruisers in the area to hang out for a bit, eat some good food, get some perspective, and maybe enjoy a short sail while making some new friends.

While we don't have much experience, we are both very fit, fun, and love boating. Obviously, we could do a day charter, but I've done that before and it isn't at all what we are looking for this time. We plan to spend a bit of time looking at various boats (maybe at a broker or two) to get a feel for what our preferences might be, but I know my wife would really love the chance to talk to other cruiser women and get a feel for what the lifestyle is like.

We are very easy going and typically have no problem making friends with new people, young or less young. Any cruisers in the area at that time interested in meeting up?
Certeza is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruise, cruiser, miami