Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-10-2015, 23:34   #16

Re: Mediterranean Cruising/Anchoring/Mooring

[QUOTE=Polux;1947692]
Croatia is a EU member state.

There are plenty of charters on the med, I would say too much, particularly on the Western med. Most of the boats (by a large margin) you will see sailing on the Ionian and Adriatic are charters. Big number of charters on the Balearic Islands, Corsica and Sardinia, probably more charters then owner yachts.

There are plenty of boats on anchor on the med, particularly on Greece and Turkey but also on all other places I mentioned. Greece ports and restaurants are not expensive. A port place can come as cheap as 8 euros (Lefkas this year for a 41ft boat including water). Marinas are less expensive then on other parts of med and they will cost between 30 and 60 euros (for a 41ft boat).
QUOTE]

Your right, dont know where I were writing that. Newest member. Kind of what I ment then is they have not reached up to the EU pricing yet. But they are slowly coming near.

Yes, there is plenty of charter and it is pretty much booked too. When I compare I mean in comparison to for example BVI the percentage charter boats compared to private is a lot higher.
I still believe eating out in Greece is more expensive then in Croatia and also Turkey but then it depends on location.
€8 for a 41ft is a good price.
You mean there are mearinas that charge €60 a day for a 41 footer? Sounds outrageous…. Does it come with a bottom paint LOL.
SM6WET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2015, 08:22   #17

Boat: Comet 41s

Quote:
Originally Posted by SM6WET View Post

I still believe eating out in Greece is more expensive then in Croatia and also Turkey but then it depends on location.
€8 for a 41ft is a good price.
You mean there are mearinas that charge €60 a day for a 41 footer? Sounds outrageous…. Does it come with a bottom paint LOL.
No, In Greece it is less expensive than in Croatia and in Turkey is less expensive than in Croatia and regarding Greece it depends of the place but I would say that it is less expensive. Much less expensive for sure if you instead of eating where the tourists eat eat where most of the Turks eat and in that case it is 1/3 of the price or less.

Two problems: On those places you cannot drink anything except tea or mineral water (that you don't pay) and on touristic zones there are one of those to each 20 tourist traps and they are not on the waterfront. The positive side is that if you are a nice guy and respect them and their customs you are welcomed there by the owner and the clients.

In Italy 60 Euros is the minimum you pay on marinas that are not in very touristic places. "Normal" prices for a 41ft boat on high season on top locations are normally between 80 and 200 Euros a night. On the Balearic Islands it is slightly less but not much less. On croatia 60Euros is normally the average on marinas. On Greece it goes from 35 to 60 Euros and on Turkey it is pretty much the same, even more expensive on some top marinas.

The big and very important difference is that contrary to Croatia and Turkey the Greeks have a huge number of Ports, many without water or electricity were you can stay for 8 to 15 Euros a night. for electricity and water you pay normally more 5 Euros or so.

This year I had a problem near Corfu and had to put the boat on the hard for a week or so on Gouvia Marina (near the capital). They charge the same price on the hard or on the water. It costed about 600 Euros and about the same for taking and putting the boat on the water. Gouvia is one of the most expensive Marinas in Greece.
Polux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2015, 03:44   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polux View Post
the Greeks have a huge number of Ports, many without water or electricity were you can stay for 8 to 15 Euros a night. for electricity and water you pay normally more 5 Euros or so.
That's if you even have to pay
Old 10-01-2016, 15:10   #19

Boat: Seawind 1000

Hi Trim 50, I appreciate this is belated but seems no other way to contact you. We are a couple in our trim 60 s looking at bareboat or crewed possibilities in the Montenegro or Croatia area September October 2016 for 2 or 3 weeks. We sail our Seawind 1000 on the East coast of Australia and have not cruised in the Mediterranean before so would be open to suggestions how best to do it and would like to hear if you have settled on a solution. Thanks
phalo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anchor, anchoring, cruising, mediterranean, mooring