Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-05-2018, 14:26   #76
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1968 Islander bahama 24 hull 182, 1963 columbia 29 defender. hull # 60
Re: Loonies Got Their Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailorbob8599 View Post
It probably won't surprise anyone to learn that many Canadians believe they have been pooped on by our neighbours to the south for a very long time.
its not our fault . They freely elected Trudeau . Us Americans had both I g to do with that one.
Old 18-05-2018, 19:35   #77
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Seaton 60' Ketch

Wow... so much miss information... Laws ALREADY ban the discharge of untreated sewage... this is a ban on the discharge of TREATED sewage... it's just window dressing because boaters don't have enough votes... imagine if they fined (really fined) cities for untreated discharge!
Scott Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2018, 19:46   #78
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Gulfstar 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Berg View Post
Wow... so much miss information... Laws ALREADY ban the discharge of untreated sewage... this is a ban on the discharge of TREATED sewage... it's just window dressing because boaters don't have enough votes... imagine if they fined (really fined) cities for untreated discharge!
I wish the EPA would fine cities for their untreated sewage events. We the tax payer would end up paying. But that is good because we would vote out those who could not solve this (and thus cost us more in taxes).
evm1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2018, 20:52   #79

Boat: Dragonfly 1000 trimaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by evm1024 View Post
I wish the EPA would fine cities for their untreated sewage events. We the tax payer would end up paying. But that is good because we would vote out those who could not solve this (and thus cost us more in taxes).
Even better, PERSONALLY FINE THE POLITICIANS who passed the bogus laws ! Leave the taxpayers out of this. It's the POLITICIANS who are buying the votes. Let them take the risk of reelection to stay on the public gravy train.

And as far as Canada and Victoria's straight chute into the Eastern Strait of Juan de Fuca, isn't it ironic that the pipe's outflow is almost exactly located at the Washington State's Northwest corner of the (stupid) NDZ ?

Old 19-05-2018, 12:03   #80

Boat: Passage 24/30 Cutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormechanico View Post
Even better, PERSONALLY FINE THE POLITICIANS who passed the bogus laws ! Leave the taxpayers out of this. It's the POLITICIANS who are buying the votes. Let them take the risk of reelection to stay on the public gravy train.

And as far as Canada and Victoria's straight chute into the Eastern Strait of Juan de Fuca, isn't it ironic that the pipe's outflow is almost exactly located at the Washington State's Northwest corner of the (stupid) NDZ ?

Looking at this in a more positive manner, I guess you could say that if nothing else, it proves beyond a shadow of doubt that as Canadians, "we really DO give a s--t for our neighbours".

Sorry neighbours, I just couldn't allow this to pass without some comment.

BTW, my boat is fully equipped with a holding-tank.
Sailorbob8599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2018, 12:52   #81

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: None at this time

If you Washington residents do your research you may find that Victoria is not the major polluter of the Salish Sea. Besides, the Straits of Juan de Fuca flush regularly with very strong currents. Not much of a problem to Wa. State. I think this is about some loony that wanted to start a fight.
DeepFrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2018, 13:05   #82
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1968 Islander bahama 24 hull 182, 1963 columbia 29 defender. hull # 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepFrz View Post
If you Washington residents do your research you may find that Victoria is not the major polluter of the Salish Sea. Besides, the Straits of Juan de Fuca flush regularly with very strong currents. Not much of a problem to Wa. State. I think this is about some loony that wanted to start a fight.
it is however a problem .
Citations to the polluters please
There are none except Canadian sewage sources that are unchecked .
Old 19-05-2018, 13:51   #83

Boat: Dragonfly 1000 trimaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepFrz View Post
Oh, so I can treat mine and be a "loony", and you don' have to, but you're "pure"?
Something stinks here...I am not aware of any "one way" lanes for your Canadian sewage ! How exactly does that work?

The Strait of Juan de Fuca flushes into and out of Admiralty Inlet and Puget Sound and the San Juan Islands on the Eastern end.

Who are these "polluters" of which you speak?