Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-01-2021, 20:26   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to Gen4505
Looking to sail and learn with experienced captain in Tampa area.

Hi sailors!
I am Gennadi Fedorov, 55 years old, new to this site. I had moved from New Jersey to Tampa a year ago.
I am not sure that this particular forum is a right spot to post what I have in mind, but I hope it is. If not, I hope someone here may advise where I should have put my post.
Wanted to learn sailing and then buy my own sailboat for quite a while now. Some may advise to go in reverse - buy a boat and then learn sailing. I thought about that and decided to do it the way I am doing it now.
My ultimate dream is to complete circumnavigation on my sailboat at least once before I am either too old or too dead to do that. And I do not think I have too many years left to try to accomplish that dream.
Anyway, I am looking for an experienced captain in Tampa area who could take me out and “show the ropes”. In fact, back in NJ I had completed two courses of sailing, got my NJ Boating Safety certificate, got my boating license and... for several years was too busy to sail, though, never stopped thinking and hoping that one day...
In Tampa, FL, I see so many marinas and sailboats that I am sure there are few captains out there who go out sailing anyway and do not mind or maybe even looking for a mate to go out with them. I do not want to take another few-days course again.
Let me know if you are such captain or know one.
Cheers!
Gen
Gen4505 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
captain, enc, sail