Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-02-2014, 11:19   #1

Boat: Offshore 33 cat ketch
Looking for Offshore 33 Cat Ketch manuals

Can anyone suggest a site or provide Offshore 33 owner manuals or documentation? Google search has turned up very little regarding this boat manufactured by Offshore Yachts in 1980. I'm beginning to think the only source may be another owner, but there's no association or group to be found. Suggestions? Any other Offshore 33 owners out there?

Thanks..........mike in Cape Coral
mserafi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 05:29   #2

Re: Looking for Offshore 33 Cat Ketch manuals

I just got one of these too, and am local to you ( charlotte county, the boat is in labelle still)

This one has sat neglected, and I am used to sloops so it will be a earning curve

Lets share what info we can find on these

Paul

480-200-8426 ( az cell still, have not changed number)
paul orkisz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 07:49   #3

Boat: Offshore 33 Cat Ketch - 33' / Wishbone Booms
Send a message via Yahoo to David Ready

Hi. I have owned an Offshore Cat Ketch "Valhalla II" since 1987. Its been from Terre Verde (Tampa) in Florida across the Gulf to Houston and Clear Lake area in Texas. Then moved it by truck (not again) up to Annapolis, MD. Lived on it on the Magothy River for two years and then up to Baltimore outer Harbor. Now have it in Virginia Beach, VA.

Its pretty rough shape right now as I am repairing the deck, and the interior. Spent time reworking fuel system as well. Modified interior back when I moved aboard in 1998 time period to allow an offset fore and aft seating and table, and book shelves on the port side replacing the pull out double settee and the center table hung off the mizzen mast in the cabin area.

I have the original brochures, and the book that was originally compiled for the charter trade that never was viable in south Florida. I am now fixing things that have gotten out of hand due to deferred maintenance not done in my absence and distractions.

Let me know if you want to chat about the boats. I have done some other mods and will be doing more. I have been considering converting my classic layout to some version of the alternate aft berth version that moves the galley forward a bit to allow access to the lazerette on the starboard side. This would be convenient as I think about cruising in retirement in the next few years.

David Ready
1090 Donation Drive
Virginia Beach, VA 23455
(757) 863-7808 / cell (443) 838-1932
dhready421@cox.net
"Valhalla II"
David Ready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 17:49   #4

Mike, did you ever find the manual for the Clearwater Offshore 33? We just bought the boat and there is no owner's manual.

Karen
Fort Lauderdale
Kae0122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 19:56   #5

Boat: Offshore 33 cat ketch

Unfortunately, no. I've scoured the web for information, but all I could find was some advertising in old magazines, and a bit of general data on a sailboat site. In the bigger picture, I'm replacing/updating/or installing new systems anyway. It's a big project, but close to being able to take it out with some confidence (into the gulf anyway).

Regards,

Mike Serafini
SV Escaped from New York
mserafi1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ketch, manuals, offshore