Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-08-2016, 14:41   #1

Long Beach Bareboat Charter

Hi All,

I was looking at two different outfits in Long Beach for a potential three-day charter to Catalina: Harbor Yacht Club and Marina Sailing. The reviews on-line are limited and decidedly mixed on both, and I was hoping to tap in to some local knowledge on these places. The reviews I could find ranged from "great charter" to "we arrive and the holding tanks were overflowing, the diesel engine wouldn't start, etc, etc". Does anyone have any experience with Harbor or Marina? Any strong recommendations one way or another?

Thanks very much in advance!

Jeff
FranksWildYears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2017, 17:03   #2

Boat: Beneteau 46
Re: Long Beach Bareboat Charter

I'm a member at Marina Sailing and am a fan. I've taken multiple trips to Catalina and numerous day trips on their monohulls and catamarans. The boats have always been clean and well maintained. I did a checkout the evening before my last trip to Catalina and they were frantically trying to fix a cranky outboard for the dinghy. I was nervous they wouldn't fix it entirely so I packed paddles, but when I arrived the next morning they had replaced it and everything was good to go! Just one example of the care I feel they put into how they treat customers. Maybe I get special treatment as an active member? Seems unlikely since they have such a large number of us...

I actually stumbled upon this thread because I was looking for information about doing business w/ them as a boat owner. I guess that means I like them well enough to consider buying a boat and putting it in their charter program.
gcraney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2017, 11:13   #3

Boat: Formosa 47
Re: Long Beach Bareboat Charter

I am also looking for a bareboat charter to Catalina from Long Beach. Advice welcome.
dperchlik is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bareboat, charter