Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-10-2013, 13:03   #16

Boat: Searunner 40 trimaran, WILDERNESS
Re: Let's compare notes

These are all great ideas. My problem is that I end up using my tools more on other people's boats. I have way too many tools: electrical, plumbing, mechanic tools (SAE and metric), carpentry tools (hammers of different types, saws of different types, rough work chisels and fine work, different planes, tool sharpening stuff, drills (both powered and manual), measuring tools (including squares of different sizes and types, micrometer, heat measuring gun, 100 foot tape, you know the problem), bos'n tools (including the block and tackle, seat, pop riveter for stainless, fids, supplies, spare parts), fancy carving chisels for fantasy wood carving if I ever get the chance, unbelievable varieties of fasteners, fittings, o-rings, weird parts and spares that I'm afraid to leave behind. And then there are the manuals, reference books, catalogs, etc. that always seem to avoid getting dusty as I age and forget how things go back together. And of course, the different first aid and medical kits should I really screw up with those ferociously sharp carving chisels. I should have been an accountant. I'd need only a sharp pencil, a calculator and a green eye shade. Instead, I went to sea.
Roy M is offline   Reply With Quote