Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-08-2013, 16:36   #91
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!
Re: Justice for SV/Quest crew announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Phil View Post
I must admit being shot at does tend to warp ones opinion... although I'm now an 'armchair type', I did my time and managed to not get killed unlike many of my brethern on middle east assignments but I have little time for those who haven't been there, lived in constant fear 24/7 and carry the memories of those times. The unfortunate thing for me is that those making foreign policy decisions today don't know their ass from a hot rock and have never been east of New York... good luck with that! Where was our State Dept when the phone rang at 3:00am? Phil

+3 hey i even drive a japanese car these days,and my wifes is a nippy german model........to err is human to forgive requires economic incentive
atoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 16:39   #92

Boat: Prior boats: Transpac 49; DeFever 54
Re: Justice for SV/Quest crew announced

back atcha, atoll... thanks. Phil
Capt Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2013, 17:04   #93

Re: Justice for SV/Quest Crew Announced

Where is the SV Quest today? Did the Navy tow it to a port?
oceanaction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2013, 20:29   #94

Boat: Island Packet 37 - Finistere
First time I read this thread, interesting views on the death penalty, I never thought of it as retribution or revenge, prefer to think of it as garbage disposal.
Finistere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2013, 20:51   #95

Boat: PETERSON 44
Ending life is garbage disposal. Nice. That is what leads to gitmo. Where untried people are incarcerated. Leads to the high incarceration rate in the land of the free . Let me guess your left of center . Live long freedom and liberty. Except we should kill and ban people that don't have your point of view. We will protect life liberty and property when convenient.
Wrong the libertarian knows we protect life first then liberty and last property. Without discrimination.
Life is highest in the chain garbage is what is spewed by dolts dangling by a thread of insecurity and dull comprehension.
sabray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2013, 11:15   #96

Boat: Seafarer 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabray View Post
Ending life is garbage disposal. Nice. That is what leads to gitmo. Where untried people are incarcerated. Leads to the high incarceration rate in the land of the free . Let me guess your left of center . Live long freedom and liberty. Except we should kill and ban people that don't have your point of view. We will protect life liberty and property when convenient. Wrong the libertarian knows we protect life first then liberty and last property. Without discrimination. Life is highest in the chain garbage is what is spewed by dolts dangling by a thread of insecurity and dull comprehension.
No. That isn't what he said at all. It isn't about killing people who disagree, it's about removing killers from society where they have proven they are willing and capable of causing harm to others. It's about deterring aggression.

I never fail to be amazed when I see pirates defended on these forums. These are people who crossed the line to harm others for personal gain. In some cases they've killed others.
engele is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crew