Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-09-2007, 04:27   #16

Location: Winter land based UK New Forest. Summer months away. Making the transition from sail to power this year - scary stuff.
Boat: Super Van Craft 1320 Power Yacht
Send a message via Skype™ to swagman
Jeff,

I'm with most is saying go for it - but suggest also you review the sale of the home.
If your good lady is like 99% of those I've met whlst cruising around (including my own of course), they all love the security of still having a nest somewhere.
Not just in case it all goes wrong, but simply someplace they can identify as home.

So I'd check out if you can stick with a smaller boat, and look to rent out the property to cover costs and maybe even provide a limited monthly income to you. If you dont need that incme - then use it to buy a bigger boat!

Good luck - but 100% vital to keep the other half happy - as I've seen more give up cruising becasue the partner said so, that give it up for bad heath or experiences.

Cheers

JOHN