Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-04-2013, 12:59   #1

Intrepid Landing Marina San Diego

This is a new marina in a great location in Shelter Island San Diego. What great sailing there is to be had here. However this marina is spoiled but petty rules and very arrogant staff. It is small with thirty odd slips which are all new, right next to the great eatery Point Loma Seafoods. Since we have been here, we have had two bicycles stolen from a locked rack and witnessed a arrest from one of the docks. Now a boat broker has moved in and is overfilling the slips with older power boats and is making the place look like a downtown used car lot. It's a classic case of the owners , Driscoll and co, wanting to make as much money as possible with as little service as possible.

Bazzer
bazzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 01:02   #2

Re: Intrepid Landing Marina San Diego

I had contacted them about obtaining a slip and went to look at the marina. Their facilities consist of trailers for offices and temporary restrooms. It looks like a trailer park instead of the complex advertised on their website and Facebook page.

They have so many boats crammed in that some are docked between slips. The Driscolls money flow problems must be true looking at that place.
hrosetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 07:19   #3

Yep, I too considered moving there, but when I saw a couple of trailer trash living there, cigarette butts all over the place, dirt car park and the fact the cops have been there several times in the last few weeks. I went to Sun Harbor which is way nicer and cheaper too
Boatie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:41   #4

We have moved away from Intrepid Landing which I consider to be the worst run marina I have visited in years. Tom Driscoll should be ashamed of himself for employing such a obnoxious marina manager.

On a sad note, his sister, Cathy Driscoll committed suicide on June 6th. She ran the adjacent marine which employes the same manager and is also owned by Tom Driscoll
Old 03-07-2013, 07:53   #5

We had our boat at Sun Harbor Marina right next door there for about six years, five of which were as liveaboards. Kathy was a great marina manager and was really understanding about the realities of getting a boat ready to cross oceans. She did a good blend of enforcing and flexing the rules.
rebel heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:06   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel heart View Post
We had our boat at Sun Harbor Marina right next door there for about six years, five of which were as liveaboards. Kathy was a great marina manager and was really understanding about the realities of getting a boat ready to cross oceans. She did a good blend of enforcing and flexing the rules.
I never met Cathy, but I have heard nothing but good about her
May she rest in peace.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:25   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazzer View Post
I never met Cathy, but I have heard nothing but good about her
May she rest in peace.
I hope she's still alive! I'm talking about Kathy at Sun Harbor, I only refer to her in the past tense because we've been away from that marina for a year now.
rebel heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 13:19   #8

Kathy in Sun Harbor is alive and very well. A super manager as you say.