Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-03-2016, 10:41   #1

Info on Rio Deluce Gautamala needed

We are going to spend summer in Rio Deluce and made reservations at Nanos juano marina. We are hearing all sorts of rumours that it has been shut down. Anybody on the site have the real scoop??
robert sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 11:25   #2
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Tucker CA41 Steel 40 foot Ketch
Re: Info on Rio Deluce Gautamala needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert sailor View Post
We are going to spend summer in Rio Deluce and made reservations at Nanos juano marina. We are hearing all sorts of rumours that it has been shut down. Anybody on the site have the real scoop??
You might want follow www. riodulcechisme.com - Home, look at the forums (but be aware that Chisme is Spanish for gossip) and also there are some facebook groups (Rio Dulce net and Rio Dulce Cruiser)

Uri Roitman (who is/was the owner) has been arrested for “conspiracy and bribery” see MP revela a testigo clave en caso Lago de Amatitlán and let Google translate it for you

The Marina and Haul out is still open and one source claims that Roitmans wife is now the owner.

The speculation is around whether the Government could/would/may seize Roitmans assets and how this would affect the boats in the Marina and the boats stored ashore.

But I stress this is speculation at this point in time
Triumphant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 11:44   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triumphant View Post
You might want follow www. riodulcechisme.com - Home, look at the forums (but be aware that Chisme is Spanish for gossip) and also there are some facebook groups (Rio Dulce net and Rio Dulce Cruiser)

Uri Roitman (who is/was the owner) has been arrested for “conspiracy and bribery” see MP revela a testigo clave en caso Lago de Amatitlán and let Google translate it for you

The Marina and Haul out is still open and one source claims that Roitmans wife is now the owner.

The speculation is around whether the Government could/would/may seize Roitmans assets and how this would affect the boats in the Marina and the boats stored ashore.

But I stress this is speculation at this point in time
Firstly, thanks for the feedback. Are you there now and can actually see that it is open? We are sailing to Belize and back tracking to Rio Deluce but I was considering going up the river on the way by to check it out.
Old 01-03-2016, 11:49   #4
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Tucker CA41 Steel 40 foot Ketch

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert sailor View Post
Firstly, thanks for the feedback. Are you there now and can actually see that it is open? We are sailing to Belize and back tracking to Rio Deluce but I was considering going up the river on the way by to check it out.
I left Rio Dulce 1 week ago and am currently in Placencia, Belize quite a few boats I know from the river have arrived since and nobody has said that the situation has changed. Also nothing on the internet from the usual sources

You could join the Riodulcechime and ask on the forums or ask on facebook for todays situation.
Triumphant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 13:36   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triumphant View Post
I left Rio Dulce 1 week ago and am currently in Placencia, Belize quite a few boats I know from the river have arrived since and nobody has said that the situation has changed. Also nothing on the internet from the usual sources

You could join the Riodulcechime and ask on the forums or ask on facebook for todays situation.
Well 1 week is pretty up to date and I thank you very much for this information. If you do hear anything to the contrary I would appreciate it if you let me know. Just leaving Panama heading for Providencia, Colombia heading your way. Never know we might get a chance to meet, thanks again. Cheers, Robert
Old 02-03-2016, 17:01   #6

Hi,

Also in Placentia Belize after 3 months on the Rio. I went to Nano Juano's for new years eve and had a wonderful time. It is a nice place and has a barside pool but a little spendy for us. We stayed at Tortugal's with a few sails to Lake Izabal and Texan Bay. Tortugals has everything you need, nice hot showers full rest. and bar. We stayed on the dock and had fresh water and electricity. You take your dingy to town in no time and I really enjoyed my stay. The workers are all so pleasant and for a few dollars will do just about anything you need; boat bottom cleaning etc. They have a commons room above bar with TV and a dresser of movies. They also have a great book exchange. You can look on the web and the pic's are pretty true to the place. Good luck and enjoy the beautiful Rio!
Valerinna
valerinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 14:22   #7

If there are anymore of you folks with current info on Rio Deluce and particularly on the current situation of the Nana Juana marina I'd love to hear from you. Thanks for the reply as well as the PM's I've received from others, all very much appreciated. Setting sail for Providencia, Colombia in a few days, it's supposed to be an out of the way place that sailors enjoy.