Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-06-2022, 15:12   #661

Boat: 50ft Custom Fast Catamaran
Re: Inboard engines and a changing world

It’s really coming. As I predicted.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/euro...ngine-ban/amp/
Chotu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2022, 16:09   #662
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1968 Islander bahama 24 hull 182, 1963 columbia 29 defender. hull # 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chotu View Post
It’s really coming. As I predicted.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/euro...ngine-ban/amp/
Things will change as the current world situation is showing the power grids are not up to the challenge and won't be for the foreseeable future . The total infrastructure takes several decades to update . ( takes time to make the equipment ) .
As much as everyone of you would like to see it facts are facts.
Old 16-06-2022, 16:10   #663

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhaul View Post
Things will change as the current world situation is showing the power grids are not up to the challenge and won't be for the foreseeable future . The total infrastructure takes several decades to update . ( takes time to make the equipment ) .
As much as everyone of you would like to see it facts are facts.

No one wants to see this. But what I predicted in the first post of this thread is coming through a lot faster than I even thought.
Old 16-06-2022, 16:12   #664
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
No one wants to see this. But what I predicted in the first post of this thread is coming through a lot faster than I even thought.
The time frame is not workable I forsee a postponing of the implementation date . So as not to anger green movement people by outright canceling the proposal of no more ice
Old 16-06-2022, 16:17   #665

Quote:
The time frame is not workable I forsee a postponing of the implementation date . So as not to anger green movement people by outright canceling the proposal of no more ice
One of the reasons the fuel is so expensive right now, not the only reason, but one of them, is that the oil companies are not investing in opening up more. They see all of this writing on the walls and they are not putting money into it anymore. They are paying better dividends now instead.
Old 16-06-2022, 16:26   #666
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
One of the reasons the fuel is so expensive right now, not the only reason, but one of them, is that the oil companies are not investing in opening up more. They see all of this writing on the walls and they are not putting money into it anymore. They are paying better dividends now instead.
They are hedging against government regulations and not allowing any more lease sales which by the way is actually in violation of federal laws . The current administration is violation the law .
Now if the government was trying to destroy your business wouldn't you try to save as much capital as possible? And no I'm not seeing any improvement in dividends actually the reverse in the energy sector.
Old 16-06-2022, 16:30   #667

Quote:
They are hedging against government regulations and not allowing any more lease sales which by the way is actually in violation of federal laws . The current administration is violation the law .
Now if the government was trying to destroy your business wouldn't you try to save as much capital as possible? And no I'm not seeing any improvement in dividends actually the reverse in the energy sector.

Yeah. That’s another one of the reasons. There are several reasons. I said that.

But, petroleum products are about to become a niche market. Like boats. Where everything is expensive. That’s coming fast.

Here’s an article about the dividends for you. It’s a pay wall. But I didn’t find another one quickly.

https://www.marketwatch.com/amp/stor...es-11634220266

Gasoline is under more pressure because that’s what’s going to become the niche. Diesel will probably not be going anywhere for a while. It’s needed for transportation. The amount of it being used probably won’t change much in the near term. Not until they start doing battery swapping or something.
Old 16-06-2022, 16:43   #668

The change to electric vehicles is a joke. They are powered by coal and natural gas.

When you see 300 new nuclear reactors being built as quickly as is possible, then electric vehicles (boats, cars, trucks, planes) will finally be sensible.

Until then, its a sick joke that is destroying the world's infrastructure.

I bet civilization will fall before those reactors are built.
Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2022, 16:55   #669
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Benford 38 Fantail Cruiser

I don't really care my horizon is shortening and I have no doubt diesel will be available til' I'm gone
Old 16-06-2022, 17:03   #670

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho View Post
The change to electric vehicles is a joke. They are powered by coal and natural gas.

When you see 300 new nuclear reactors being built as quickly as is possible, then electric vehicles (boats, cars, trucks, planes) will finally be sensible.

Until then, its a sick joke that is destroying the world's infrastructure.

I bet civilization will fall before those reactors are built.

It’s a pretty bad joke actually. Not sure why I paid all this money for these internal combustion engines that I have.

But just to be accurate, Energy in the United States is currently produced 60% fossil fuels, 20% nuclear and 20% wind/solar/etc
Old 16-06-2022, 17:13   #671

Destroying 60% of the energy infrastructure BEFORE even beginning to build plentiful replacement is insane.

That is what is happening. Oil companies are not reinvesting in production because governments are changing the "rules" to stop those sources.

We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
Old 16-06-2022, 17:18   #672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho View Post
Destroying 60% of the energy infrastructure BEFORE even beginning to build plentiful replacement is insane.

That is what is happening. Oil companies are not reinvesting in production because governments are changing the "rules" to stop those sources.

We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
Yep. But it’s happening. Might as well be ready for it.
Old 16-06-2022, 17:26   #673

You get yourself ready to live on 40% (or less) of the amount of food you eat.

Crops do not grow on industrial scale farms without lots of diesel. Food does not transport without lots of diesel.

Enjoy this autumn and winter. While watching your kids starve, you can tell them, "Buck up sissy, this is nothing! Wait 'til next year, when there will be zero to eat."

Starvation is a consequence of ignoring reality and wholly believing an insane fantasy.
Old 16-06-2022, 17:36   #674
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Yeah. That’s another one of the reasons. There are several reasons. I said that.

But, petroleum products are about to become a niche market. Like boats. Where everything is expensive. That’s coming fast.

Here’s an article about the dividends for you. It’s a pay wall. But I didn’t find another one quickly.

https://www.marketwatch.com/amp/stor...es-11634220266

Gasoline is under more pressure because that’s what’s going to become the niche. Diesel will probably not be going anywhere for a while. It’s needed for transportation. The amount of it being used probably won’t change much in the near term. Not until they start doing battery swapping or something.
They are not increasing dividends they are just not cutting them and 5.9% while not bad also isn't good . my portfolio averages just over 8.5%
Old 16-06-2022, 17:40   #675

Boat: crowther trimaran 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatpoker View Post
I don't really care my horizon is shortening and I have no doubt diesel will be available til' I'm gone
there are people who care that you dont care.
seandepagnier is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
engine, grass