Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-04-2006, 16:06   #1
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Hartley Tahitian 45ft. Leisure Lady
I met a fellow BB member

I met Seafox yesterday. Great guy and his wife. Seafox is a memeber here that had been having some big issues with black exhaust smoke on a new Volvo install. If you all can remember, he is the one that had the exhaustr re-run to the side of ot boat and the engineer made a right botch of it. Well his saga continued with engine issues and it still isn't compleatly put right yet. Anyway's, he is over in my neck of the woods having his rigg worked on. So I wandered off down to his birth. Darryl was sitting on the deck and as he has never met me personaly, I decided to pull his leg. I walked casually up and comment about the aweful black smudge on the side of the boat and then asked, do you have one of those crapy Volvos. Well the look of horror, shock and digust all at the same time, I tell you it was priceless. Before he could answer I introduced myself and we both exploded in laughter. We sat talking over a cold one for a couple of hrs before I though it was best I got back to work. Good thing I have a cruisy job.
So anyway's, it's real cool meeting folks you get to know on here firstly. You have an imediate common bond. I look forward to meeting many more of you one day.

For God so loved the world..........He didn't send a committee.
Alan Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2006, 16:14   #2

Yeah, Alan.

I remember him. I wondered what had happened to him.

Now I know!!

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one." - Benjamin Franklin
CaptainK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2006, 17:02   #3
Kai Nui

Wheels, you really know how to stir it up
We had quite the crew at Stricktly Sail last week. I was there, S/V Elusive, and Lakbay Dagat and his wife. Too bad Charlie couldn't make it, and I never heard from Meridian, but we made our presence known
Old 24-04-2006, 17:27   #4
cruiser

Great line, Wheels! Too bad we couldn't have a picture of his expression for the newly working gallery!

I have met people from the forum, both in boat gear swaps or purchases. I'd like to see some out on the water someday.
ssullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2006, 02:00   #5

Boat: Lotus 10.6
Hi there Alan,
thanks for coming over to meet me the other day. It was great catching up with you (even if you did pull my leg first!!) and putting a face to the name. (I imagined that you would look like a wise old wise seadog with one glass eye and a beard).
Hope to catch up for some more ales when you are out in your boat some time.
Cheers
Darryl
seafox is offline   Reply With Quote