Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-04-2021, 07:02   #16
Hull Diver

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Under a boat, in a marina, in the San Francisco Bay
Re: Hybrid bottom paint powerwash

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgill1 View Post
I may have asked you this in another thread, but are you aware of a good paint for a sailboat that is on the hard and/or on a trailer for part of the year? Is there a manufacturer that produces an actual "hard" ablative, since petit is the "softest" in existence? Just curious what your experience is. I'm guessing the guys at Diversified like Petit because it performs well in Ft. Myers water. I would like to have my cake and eat it too please, LOL.
Well, as my job rarely involves boats that do not live in the water 24/7/365, I am probably not the most qualified person to answer this but I find that Interlux Micron 66 is about as durable an ablative paint as you can find. It can be hauled and relaunched without issue. It's only real downside is that it is unsuitable for use in freshwater which judging by your location, might be a deal-breaker.
fstbttms is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bottom paint, paint