Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-04-2018, 15:23   #16
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.
Re: Help Need replace morse control for kubota diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pinguino View Post
Yes.. installed by a double jointed midget.... yacht construction companies employ most of the world's midgets and they install most of the 'interesting' bits...

How do I know this? ....
OK, I'll have a go - you're a DJM who works for a big French yacht builder.

Most of those midgets have younger brothers who are head hunted by Cessna, Beechcraft and in particular, Learjet. There must be a cluster of DJM DNA in Wichita or something in the Kanas water supply.

At least on a boat you can often cut / create an access panel without major ramifications; a Learjet - not so much .

Yacht (and aviation) designers must take a special course to identify the five most "interesting" bits and how then to lay them out in random pattern before designing the rest of vessel around them.
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Wotname is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2018, 15:38   #17
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxhat View Post
Thanks.

The morse lever controls the throttle and shift cables. The boat is not near me so I cannot post photos.

I did disconnect the shift cable and it seemed to work by hand.

It is really hard to get access to the cable connecting to the transmission.

Access is upside down and I cannot really see the connection to the transmission.

Hoping for a video or detailed description with photos.

Thanks a lot to those who replied !!!!!
My gut feeling is your problem could well be the outer cable clamp (or holding device) at one end or the other of the transmission shift cable. Experience tells me it will usually be at the end that has the more difficult access. This is not due to bad spirits or murphy, it's simply because when access is difficult, workmanship of when it was fitted is compromised.
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Wotname is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2018, 12:04   #18
Marine Service Provider

Maybe I'm underthinking it, but why not call Stan at Beta Marine in North Carolina and get the parts you need plus the benefit of his vast knowledge and experience? USA (+1) 252-249-2473.

All the best
John Mardall
Vetus-Maxwell
JOHNMARDALL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel