Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-11-2019, 16:37   #1

Boat: Hake Seaward 46 RK
Harken MK IV 2E electric jib furler

I need help from collective. My 3 year old very lightly used electric jib furler just stopped. It had been sticking but worked it a little first with manual winch handle then electric until moved freely. Contacted Harken and they said it was time to send it in for refurbish at $960. They suggested this needs to occur every 3-4 years. I had no idea when i made the choice in electric furling. Now that it has completely stopped I sent in only to be told that the motor is bad and now will cost $1800.
My question: Is this a common problem with electric furlers? and Is this kind of maintenance schedule (not in manual or even how to flush/grease/reseal) I can realistically expect?

s/v compass rose
freecycle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric, furler, Harken, jib

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: