Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-09-2019, 10:03   #46
Marine Service Provider

Re: Gulf stream trouble

LMFAO!
Akafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2019, 10:17   #47

Boat: MS Fisher 30

I’ve followed Josh for about a year and there’s some things I don’t understand. Earlier he posted that he was sailing in the Bahamas. Didn’t he cross the Gulf Stream then?

How did he go 50 hours and his video lead me to believe it happened the first night out. And if it didn’t happen the first night, why didn’t he get some kind of naps, something.

He also mentioned he just heard about the Gulf Stream the week before, Really?

Sets sail and films himself dancing around listening to music?

He performed very immaturely or mislead people, unfortunately the uneducated will empathize and be impressed.
Old 16-09-2019, 10:21   #48

Boat: Catalina & Maycraft

He did put himself out there, and that takes fortitude in a way. It's a slice of the contradictions inherent to every mind. I do get the sense he's intelligent enough to have learned substantially from the experience, and others can learn from it too.

It may seem kinda goofy to older generations, but it is what it is. It's in the eye of the beholder I think. I'm curious to see if it's a fad, or we are going to be seeing this forever. I blame MTV's the "Real World." An atomic bomb of publicly displayed inner emotion.
Hardhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2019, 11:57   #49

Boat: Land bound, previously Morgan 462

Regardless of the other issues with the video mentioned previously, I cannot watch it since I have no interest wasting my time staring at any stranger's face for more than 30 seconds while they act like a zombie.
waterman46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2019, 12:19   #50
sdj
cruiser

Boat: Ganley Pacemaker 40

He's just after youtube traffic. The whole thing is set up.
sdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2019, 14:02   #51

Boat: a sailing boat

I remember reading somewhere that as Shakespeare's plays were staged, many a simple villager believed things on the scene were happening. Which led now and then to one of them trying to get on stage to rescue Ophelias.

It is quite amazing to see alike behaviour from 21st century's consumers of social media.

Next thing we see is someone calling USCG demanding our vlogger rescued !

Just imagine USCG invading the privacy of your studio in Monowi, Nebraska ! !

And confiscating your GoPro Titanium (ooops - affiliation link) camera ! ! !

;-)

Really. I always thought jokes about Americains believing all they see on TV is true to be just jokes!

;-) ;-)

Why Monowi:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monowi,_Nebraska

Why Nebraska:
https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/...of-the-us.html
barnakiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2019, 14:33   #52

Boat: Freedom 32'

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdj View Post
He's just after youtube traffic. The whole thing is set up.
And I fell for it! I'm not like you guys technically. I can't even tell if a photo has been tampered with.
Old 16-09-2019, 14:37   #53

https://millennialmoney.com/how-much-do-youtubers-make/

The same applies to each time you post your family snaps on facepuke, instantspam, or share you absolutely brilliant and worth reading thoughts on twittler, or any other social media. Except only some (e.g. youtube) let you participate in the monetization process.

Business will only pay for your media storage and streaming when YOU are the money (aka social big data).

Tell the net businessmen everything about you, then sit back and relax. Wait for targeted sales campaigns knocking on your browser's soul's doors!

Cheers,
b.
Old 16-09-2019, 17:51   #54

Boat: 1962 Columbia 29 MK 1 #37

yeah, could very well be a fraud, but who among us would not a blubbering idiot after 50 hours with no sleep?
... oh, is it just me?
...it is probably fake because he didn't talk about the voices you hear at night...
1962 Columbia 29 MKI #37
Don C L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2019, 18:01   #55

Boat: Wildcat 35, Hobie 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnakiel View Post
https://millennialmoney.com/how-much-do-youtubers-make/

The same applies to each time you post your family snaps on facepuke, instantspam, or share you absolutely brilliant and worth reading thoughts on twittler, or any other social media. Except only some (e.g. youtube) let you participate in the monetization process.

Business will only pay for your media storage and streaming when YOU are the money (aka social big data).

Tell the net businessmen everything about you, then sit back and relax. Wait for targeted sales campaigns knocking on your browser's soul's doors!

Cheers,
b.
But, on the upside, what an amazing digital universe we have created. Like any world its not without its perils, but the content is almost overwhelming...pick any subject area and there is an amazing wealth of knowledge at your fingertips.

One of the really cool things Ive seen recently are "Master Classes" which cover a wide range of subject areas taught by the best in the world. Want to learn film making from Martin Scorcese?...its there:

https://www.masterclass.com/?utm_source=Paid&utm_medium=AdWords&utm_campaign=M C&utm_content=Brand-{keyword}-G3_EM&utm_term=Aq-Prospecting&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwc6P79PW5AIVwcDICh0G pQ9VEAAYASAAEgJmCvD_BwE
belizesailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2019, 19:25   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by belizesailor View Post
But, on the upside, what an amazing digital universe we have created. Like any world its not without its perils, but the content is almost overwhelming...pick any subject area and there is an amazing wealth of knowledge at your fingertips.

One of the really cool things Ive seen recently are "Master Classes" which cover a wide range of subject areas taught by the best in the world. Want to learn film making from Martin Scorcese?...its there:

https://www.masterclass.com/?utm_source=Paid&utm_medium=AdWords&utm_campaign=M C&utm_content=Brand-{keyword}-G3_EM&utm_term=Aq-Prospecting&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwc6P79PW5AIVwcDICh0G pQ9VEAAYASAAEgJmCvD_BwE

Yes, Sir,

It is an amazing virtual world, and one with a huge potential to learn and to broaden our horizons (or just entertain ourselves).

A challenge arises when we dig into this huge new found library of libraries and discover its fiction and non-fiction features are not so clearly marked as our trusty old paper book covers. A trouble to some of us, less fluent with various flavours of literature, film, and performance.

And since it is unfair and possibly damaging to let people believe some content is the real thing (while it is not), possibly maybe the differentiating factor should not be the ADDS AND AFFILIATION LINKS DISPLAYED EVERYWHERE IN BLOODY SIGHT, but rather some discrete screen flashes every X seconds of the production?

Say, e.g.:

- screen Quickly Flashing Red period 5 seconds - fiction,
- screen Quickly Flashing Green period 10 seconds - non-fiction.

Of course, any consumer should be allowed to opt out from the flashes thing, at their own risk.

;-)

red red red (period 5sec) ;-)

;-)

barnakiel
Old 17-09-2019, 05:48   #57

Boat: Wildcat 35, Hobie 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnakiel View Post
Yes, Sir,

It is an amazing virtual world, and one with a huge potential to learn and to broaden our horizons (or just entertain ourselves).

A challenge arises when we dig into this huge new found library of libraries and discover its fiction and non-fiction features are not so clearly marked as our trusty old paper book covers. A trouble to some of us, less fluent with various flavours of literature, film, and performance.

And since it is unfair and possibly damaging to let people believe some content is the real thing (while it is not), possibly maybe the differentiating factor should not be the ADDS AND AFFILIATION LINKS DISPLAYED EVERYWHERE IN BLOODY SIGHT, but rather some discrete screen flashes every X seconds of the production?

Say, e.g.:

- screen Quickly Flashing Red period 5 seconds - fiction,
- screen Quickly Flashing Green period 10 seconds - non-fiction.

Of course, any consumer should be allowed to opt out from the flashes thing, at their own risk.

;-)

red red red (period 5sec) ;-)

;-)

barnakiel
No way! The politicos would never allow that!

There has always been bad info and snake oil salesmen, but now we can do it on a global scale in milliseconds and people easily believe a message they want to hear so they goble it up.
belizesailor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gulf stream