Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-01-2013, 18:08   #31

Boat: Pearson 303
Re: Good Insurance Company ?!?!

I say we start a new insurance company.. We will call it the "The Boaters of America" If you really look at your policy its has constant changes made to help them and not you! Every time I here about any losses to a boater, Allot of them say there working on it. They even have you jump hoops to make any headway with any claim's. I have a friend that pays over 2,600.00 per year. A boat backed into him at a dock. The Guy's insurance company and my friends company have done nothing to fix his boat. They just keep you going by ,we need this, now that, Oh..sorry we need to do this now. Just plain stall tactics. What you think..LOL Capt. Linda
CaptLinda6pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2013, 19:44   #32

The Jackline Policy through International Marine Insurance Services (as a couple of others have mentioned). Contact Al Golden.
WMarineCanvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2013, 19:55   #33

Another vote for Al Golden and company at IMIS. Markel, however was slow to pay a claim and sent to Hawaii a very combative adjuster from Louisiana. He made the entire process very painful. With Al's help we got through it.
drewke07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2013, 20:10   #34
Marine Service Provider

Google Yacht policy increases...

seems the latest hurricane sandy, has created losses that must be born by the premiums.

Everybody can expect an increase in costs...borders don't matter we are after all a Global Economy.

Lloyd
FlyingCloud1937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2013, 21:08   #35

Boat: Pearson 303

I hear ya! We get *&^* again.. just like in DC. Well look at the problem here. We pay to protect our property against a loss. The insurance company's take our money and invest there money witch pays their salaries..etc. They run to us because they want to play and gamble and bare the risk right! With Sandy they lost.. but did they..Humm No, they didn't congress just past the Sandy Bill that troughs your tax dollars into the hands of people that "could-a, should-a and Didn't... take or pay for proper insurance. Its no different then saying this family of the 16 year old girl that had to be rescued at sea "Who Pay's for the rescue? YOU and I do, and not the parents that allowed this in the first place. Iv'e personalty lived threw many of "Named" storms in FLA and Katrina and didn't take one penny from the people. As neighbors we help each other and move on. OK enough said I fell better now.. Linda
CaptLinda6pack is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
insurance