Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-06-2020, 10:11   #1

Boat: Catalina Morgan 45
FIJI is Open to Cruisers (with rules).

Quote:
Fiji will be establishing safe ‘blue lanes‘, open to those yachts and pleasure crafts sailing to Fiji. Any boat coming to Fiji will be carefully considered on a case-by-case basis. The only port of entry will be Port Denarau Marina. If this pilot project is successful, extending blue lanes to other ports and marinas will be considered.

Those eligible to sail to Fiji fall under two categories, both of which will require them to be tested in another country before departing.

If their journey to Fiji will take 14 days or longer uninterrupted at sea, once they dock in Fiji and show proof of a negative test result, everyone on board will be screened by the Ministry of Health for symptoms. If they’re deemed to be healthy, their yacht will be allowed to freely visit other ports throughout Fiji.

Alternatively, those with a journey at sea shorter than 14 days will be required to make up the difference in quarantine once they dock in Fiji at their own cost. So, say they spend eight days alone at sea –– they will then be required to pay for six days of quarantine in Fiji, after which they can be cleared by a negative test result, also at their own cost.

All visitors must download the careFIJI App to enter the country.
I suspect it will become commonplace for Pacific island nations to demand proof of a negative PCR test prior to clearing in yachts.

Early on, I proposed Yellow Cards were probably once again going to be required along with Passports (esp. if a vaccine become available).

On my "Crew Info" page I already added the need for a Yellow Card for crew. Now, I guess I'll need to add "proof of negative PCR test."

Tags
cruise, cruiser, Fiji, rule