Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-09-2013, 18:18   #1

Fall trip on Mille Lacs

As the unspeakable horrors of winter approaches, we've started a tradition of exploring of the 10000 Minnesota lakes before we are kicked off the mooring buoy for the season. Hey, it's sort of why we got a trailer sailor, right?

Anyway, thought I'd share a photo of our first real "beaching on purpose for fun", in Father Hennepin state park. Kids got to run around naked on the beach, and we cooked some ribeyes and watched the sunset with a good bottle of wine.. Awesome!

Also had a really great sail in 15-20 mph winds yesterday from the park to the public boat launch in Garrison. 18 nm in 3 hrs... In a 23 foot boat, that is basically averaging hull speed the whole way... We were surfing down waves and hit 8kts a few times.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130924_201333.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	143.6 KB
ID:	67846  
monstads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2013, 10:59   #2

Re: Fall trip on Mille Lacs

Awesome!..this weekend doesn't look so hot so sneak out tomorrow if ya can! How late do you keep the boat out on Mille Lacs? My folks have a place closer to the cities...I think my latest Hobie cat run was Oct 30 but I tend to get wet on that thing.
Tex0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2013, 12:42   #3

Yeah, there are precious few weekends left... Normally, the boat is on Lake Harriet in Minneapolis, but since we have to be off the buoy in early Oct and our winter storage is up north by Mille Lacs, we try to get up to sail there a couple times in the fall.
monstads is offline   Reply With Quote