Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-02-2020, 19:33   #1

CYOA/VIYC/BVIYC/Dream : which base?

Hi All,

After years of stalking the forums and trying to up my sailing skills, I'm almost ready to take the plunge to ownership. While I have received a lot of advice that I should continue chartering and ditch dreams of ownership, the ability to customize the boat to what I would like, and sail without too many restrictions, is very appealing.

I'm considering getting a 44+ catamaran and putting it in a charter base as I will not be using it more than a 5 weeks a year. Given that I was wondering what any of you have to say about the different bases in USVI/BVI from the perspective of owners that had their boats get phased out of the fleet. Also would be interested to know what you did after your boat got phased out? I will likely still not be in a place where I can use it more than 10 weeks a year max. Did you sell it? Continue chartering it somehow?
Also would love to know the condition the boats were phased out? What were the issues you had to get fixed?

All thoughts, advice, etc is welcome! For those that say this has already been answered - I know the feeling and think it should already have but I've hunted around many many topics on the forums but none address the condition that these boats EXIT the full charter period with these bases, and what people that don't live aboard did after.
ThirdChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2021, 15:53   #2

Re: CYOA/VIYC/BVIYC/Dream : which base?

Hey,

Which company did you end up with?

I am ready to jump in too!
naivewater is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
BVI