Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-08-2007, 21:50   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Wheeler
Hi Elizabeth, great to see yet another Kiwi. The pins are slowly filling the map.
Hey Alan!!

I have tried to gain access, to the members map. And I can not see it.

All I got was this message.
Quote:
Cannot open XML File
So does that mean. The map does not work?

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one." - Benjamin Franklin
CaptainK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2007, 21:51   #107

Quote:
Hi Elizabeth, great to see yet another Kiwi. The pins are slowly filling the map.
Hey Alan!!

I have tried to gain access, to the members map. And I can not see it.

All I got was this message.
Quote:
Cannot open XML File
So does that mean. That the map does not work?

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one." - Benjamin Franklin
CaptainK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2007, 10:51   #108

Boat: Holland 10.5 metre "Xaviera"
Hi Alan

I've tried to open the map but get a 'cannot open XML file'. Do you know what this means? Thanks.
Elizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2007, 12:27   #109
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Hartley Tahitian 45ft. Leisure Lady
Yeah it means something's broke. :-)
Andy is having some major issues with there service provider. I can pnly assume it is something to do with the board not operately at full potential. Maybe something is shut down to allow more bandwidth. I dunno. If I click it and it works, then it works, is about all I know about internet stuff. I will let Andy know we have an issue.

For God so loved the world..........He didn't send a committee.
Alan Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2007, 15:04   #110

Boat: Lotus 10.6
Been a few double posts lately too. U click once and get two for the price of one.
seafox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2007, 15:05   #111

Been a few double posts lately too. U click once and get two for the price of one.
Old 21-08-2007, 15:05   #112

See what I mean?
Old 25-08-2007, 02:08   #113

The problem is simple...there is too much room inside the server and its echoing.........
cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2007, 13:42   #114

Boat: Trismus 37
Anyone know the poor fellow from New Plymouth who had apparently sailing single handed around the top of NZ only to run aground and lose his boat off the KariKari peninsular.
Steve.
Steve Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2007, 23:30   #115
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Yeah it means something's broke. :-)
Andy is having some major issues with there service provider. I can pnly assume it is something to do with the board not operately at full potential. Maybe something is shut down to allow more bandwidth. I dunno. If I click it and it works, then it works, is about all I know about internet stuff. I will let Andy know we have an issue.
You standing in the next general election?

"Something broke" = Yes there is a problem but I'm not going to answer it in case you hold it against me later.

"some major issues with there service provider" = passing the buck

"I can only assume" = is that a 'definate maybe'

"Maybe something is shut down to allow more bandwidth" = vauge but with a slight technical edge to confuse the punters, nice.

"is about all I know about internet stuff" = pleading ignorance

"I will let Andy know we have an issue" = I'll commision a report with huge piles of your dollars and then blame the person who wrote it and still do nothing.

Sorry Wheels, just playing after a day of head bashing a government dept.
GMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2007, 23:42   #116
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

I think " No comment" would be the most appropriate response to that :-)

Oh so you get to play with Government dept. as well huh? Hey, if you want to know what I think about the red tape brigade, read my signature.
I have sometimes found that banging my head against the wall feels good. Should I worry??

Old 28-08-2007, 00:36   #117
Marine Service Provider

If you start to enjoy it too much I think Yes you should be. Either that or you're trying to get an answer from a Government Dept, which means you do have to bash your head when in fact you'd like to bash theirs more.

Government Depts, Engineers, bloody boat designers, bloody kids. It's not been a good day. Trying to save a certian new government boat from being a complete cock-up and not a cheap one.
"The Designer knows best", Yeah right, the bloody designer is brain dead.
"Oh the engineer knows that" Yeah right, he's smokeing crack or something.
"Just chuck more money at it" Yeah right, my bloody money you lazy SOB beauracrate.

So far they have spent over 15K trying to solve a problem I can do for $154.50 or $95 odd for real people, the rest is to cover all the phone calls, coffee and smokes. Bloody idiots.

That's your money Wheels.

The kids?, just the usual 11 going on 30 years old issues. No you can't have a car, go clubbing all night or take my boat away with your mates. Grrr.....
Old 28-08-2007, 01:13   #118

Hey Gmac you sound like me !!!
cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2007, 01:50   #119
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
The kids?, just the usual 11 going on 30 years old issues. No you can't have a car, go clubbing all night or take my boat away with your mates. Grrr.....
That makes you a great Dad in my book. I have to deal with the issues that total drop kicks leave behind them. I tell ya, if you only knew. I have one lad at the mo that his original Dad left and Mum married some guy, then she up and left and left the boy with the Stepdad. So he is being brought up by someone that isn't his real Dad. I have another Lad that at the age of 15, he and a nmate did some work for his Dad and the Father paid them with two bottles of Bourbon. They think that is normal. I have several on Dope. One is a champion Snowboarder with major sponsorship and everything and is going to waste it all away. He is now getting help for Paranoid behavoir and Schitsophrenea(spell?). Another Girl is on P and is now doing Prostitution to pay for it. She's a lovely girl that shouldn't be there in her life. I have another kid that is thrid generation drug use. I have another Girl that at the age of 14 is often Drunk at home. Her parents don't care. Another 14 yr old is allowed to have a 15 yr old boy stay over in her room for the weekend. The list goes on. I did have a success story at the beginning of the year. I had a Lad that got himself off Drugs, got sorted out with his life, and on the day of being accepted for an Apprenticeship as a motor mechanic, died in a fire trying to save his pet dog. There are days I laugh like crazy, days I cry, days I shake my head in stupendouse wonderment at the stupididy. Days I am glad I do the job I do and many many days I hope I can find something else to do next year that will take me away from this. Then add ontop of all that the moronic red tape that has to be delt with and it's a wonder I am saine at all. Ummmm....I am normal to you guy's aren't I???

Old 28-08-2007, 02:12   #120
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper
Hey Gmac you sound like me !!!
What, you going grey, deaf and insane as well?

Ya hoo, I'm not alone.

Lets meet in a nice bay somewhere. We can go nuts togeather or plot an evil plan to bring sanity back into government and the world. I suspect a 6 pack will not be enough so I've order 2 tankers. Should be enough I think

This ones got the Aussie beer.

{last second edit} Errr.... Wheels is in as well and I've ordered 2 more tankers.

Don't know what to say to that one Wheels. Braver than me that's for sure and certianly a sh*tload more tollerent. I'd be bashing heads there as well. It wouldn't be the kids either.

Tags
Cook Islands