Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-03-2017, 13:39   #1

Boat: Maquit, cruiser/racer, 39ft
Catch 22: can’t get insurance with Dutch Comp -US flag, neither in US as a Dutch!

What to do??? - A CATCH 22! My sailboat in Ft. Lauderdale is under US flag, therefore every insurance company here in the Netherlands refuses to insure it, but I was informed I cannot get insurance in US as well because I am Dutch with Dutch passport. All I need is liability insurance to tow my 39” boat to the closest marina and haul it out on a dry dock, so I can work on it. Any advice? Do I really need any insurance for the dry dock?
Chacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2017, 13:45   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Islander 34
Re: Catch 22: can’t get insurance with Dutch Comp -US flag, neither in US as a Dutch

If you have a us address and us bank, Try getting it online via progressive. very reasonable liability rates. Be sure the check the box that says " for pleasure only" as they do not insure liveaboards.

Other option call Twin rivers insurance http://boatinsuranceonly.com/ They might be able to help.
sailorchic34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2017, 14:21   #3

Boat: Maquit, cruiser/racer, 39ft
Re: Catch 22: can’t get insurance with Dutch Comp -US flag, neither in US as a Dutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorchic34 View Post
If you have a us address and us bank, Try getting it online via progressive. very reasonable liability rates. Be sure the check the box that says " for pleasure only" as they do not insure liveaboards.

Other option call Twin rivers insurance Twin Rivers Marine Insurance Agency | They might be able to help.
Thank you very much! I will try
Chacko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
insurance