Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-12-2015, 00:05   #16

Boat: Cal 2-27
Re: Case for Ipad mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by admiralslater View Post
thanks every one Mr Bank do you use fre or nuud?
We don't. The tablets we take aboard are simply entertainment consumption devices.
Fog Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 00:59   #17

iPad mini 4 is slightly shorter and thinner than iPad mini 1, 2, 3. Lifeproof does not make a case for the 4 yet.
jcarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 01:08   #18

Hi we are the recently appointed UK distributer for the French designed CaseProof range of ipad and iPhone waterproof and dustproof covers. As a rule CaseProof covers are a similar quality (Bureau Veritas tested and approved) to the Lifeproof range but less expensive. If it helps at all I would be able to ship you a CaseProof ipad mini cover from the UK at a good price...
allatsea123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 09:13   #19

Boat: Ketch 52'
Send a message via Skype™ to CaptDHill

You have plenty of info here, but we can also give a shot out to LifeProof. We are professional crew and the mini has almost become the heart or our operations. I can no longer imagine working without it until the next best thing arrives. To protect our minis, we use LifeProof cases combined with LifeProof Life Jackets. The Life jackets are sold separately. The combined cost is about $150.Two days ago, I was complacent when I placed my Mini in the deck while I adjusted a line. My mini, protected by its case and life jacket, fell into the drink. I simply reached in, picked it up, and rinsed it off. I'm replying to you post right now on that iPad. $150 saved an $800 pence of equipment.
CaptDHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 09:25   #20

Boat: Outremer 45/pdq36

I have just purchased the life proof nuud will now look at the life jacket
Thanks for everyone's input. Hey there was no troling either. Must be the Christmas spirit
admiralslater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 09:28   #21

Boat: Westsail 32

I have used the otterbox cover for my mini for over a year now sailing several thousand miles with excellent results. Part of the stand bracket broke last month and they sent me a new one

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Eyeback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 14:34   #22

I am going to sea with 2 nuuds in life jackets.
Old 05-12-2015, 14:36   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by allatsea123 View Post
Hi we are the recently appointed UK distributer for the French designed CaseProof range of ipad and iPhone waterproof and dustproof covers. As a rule CaseProof covers are a similar quality (Bureau Veritas tested and approved) to the Lifeproof range but less expensive. If it helps at all I would be able to ship you a CaseProof ipad mini cover from the UK at a good price...
Thank you for the offer but I did not spot it until it was to late. Good luck with your venture
Old 18-12-2015, 12:09   #24

Boat: Bavaria 46
Re: Case for IPad 2

Hi all, anyone had any success with finding a waterproof Ipad 2 case to be mounted on the helm? Whitworths one is a failure. I am needing both a case and a Successful way of mounting the iPad securely onto a horizontal baseplate where my old chart plotter s currently mounted
Jennygj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2015, 13:49   #25

Boat: 1982 Morgan 383

I use the ( rammount ) products to mount my ipad air 2 in the cockpit at the wheel. I needed three things: the tough-claw (mounts to pedestal rail), a double socket arm to connect to the two balls, and the ipad holder. I have a lifeproof case. Very sturdy, easily moveable and removable, particularly for orientation to where I am sitting (either behind wheel or in front of the wheel, also orients well related to the sun. The downside to the iPads is the ability to see them in bright sunlight, the rammount can be adjusted easily to minimize this issue.
Old 09-05-2016, 07:33   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by admiralslater View Post
I am looking for a case for my wife's I pad mini .what I would like is a one that is impact resistant ,waterproof and with a screen that allows the I pad to be used with case in place .We have a dry bag already we just don't like it .
I would suggest you to try Everything Tablet's leather iPad case for iPad mini. They've got a huge collection and it offers overall protection is a stylish format.
I have been using it for my iPad and up till now there is not single scratch on the screen.
mathew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2016, 08:12   #27

I bought lifepro nuuds for the Ipad and phone as well as a life jacket for the Ipad. Both worked well and my wife has left them (not the lifejacket) on when we returned home
Old 16-05-2016, 08:49   #28

Boat: Liberty 458

The ipad or tablet is a very poor nav or instrumentation system.

We use ours inside, as a backup and for general browsing. We've tried several leading cases. All are less than ideal in terms of ergonomics.

The waterproof covers are a joke. Can't wait for the device manufacturers to waterproof and ruggedize them.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
leftbrainstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2016, 15:42   #29
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Multihulls - cats and Tris

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftbrainstuff View Post
The waterproof covers are a joke.
I wish I had known that before I used my Iphone in a lifeproof case to take underwater video of penguins in Antarctica. I foolishly used it it like it was advertised-intended and it worked well.

I also wish I would have known that before I wasted time mounting an Iphone (same phone as above) in a lifeproof case on a ram mount on my motorbike (vstrom for those interested). Just back form a 7500K trip with it sitting out is rain and stuff at speed, again worked a treat (use it for Nav around larger cities through bluetooth into my helmet) music on the boring bits, and even as a phone occasionally. Again, I was blissfully ignorant of its shortcomings.
Factor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Ipad