Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-02-2021, 14:56   #1

Cal 35 MKII advice

Hi CF, I am in the market for a new to me sailboat in the mid 30s ft range. Today I saw a 1985 35' CAL MKII. I really liked the boat, seems like it is very well taken care of by its current owner, their asking price is 35k of course if I buy the boat I will have it professionally surveyed but I am looking for feedback. I don't know much about 80s vintage CALs I was actually looking for something a bit newer from the 90s vintage. I am wondering if the CAL is a good boat that can stand to the weather I am mostly looking to do coastal cruising around New England and maybe next year sail it down to Florida and then the Bahamas. Good boat, bad boat? the one thing that called my attention is that instead of having a water tank">fresh water tank it has 2x 40 gallon water bladders which are made out of a soft material under each settee, which to me seems like a potential leak are water bladders common?
Thanks !
ShelleySailor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Advice, cal