Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-04-2016, 09:43   #16

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Casamance 44
Re: Buying a sailboat in San Carlos, Questions

These are the folks you want to deal with in San Carlos: 1) Diesel mechanic is actually in Guaymas (10 miles away), name Omar, 622-112-9544. 2) Broker is Marisa at <avengeryachts@gmail.com> phone 622-855-9167. Surveyor is Al at <alsmithmarine@hotmail.com> phone 622-855-8532. The telephone country code for Mexico is 52. I have first hand experience with Omar. I haven't worked with Al or Marisa but their reputation is very good.
vivabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2016, 09:52   #17

Boat: previous - Whitby 42 new - Goldenwave 44

I'm certainly not an expert on buying a boat in Mexico (I'm in the US) but did look in to it last year. A very reputable broker in La Paz (also Matzalan) told me that there is a 100% legal way to buy a boat down there without paying Mexican import fees. You'll need to check that out. I would recommend that you don't try and do anything illegal in any case.

I would bet money, though, that many surveys have been done by US surveyors in San Carlos without any problems. I would also bet money that it would not be looked at well by the authorities. Lots of things are done down there the way they are because there is sometimes no other way to get it done (well).

Good luck.
exMaggieDrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2016, 19:25   #18

Boat: Westsail 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivabob View Post
These are the folks you want to deal with in San Carlos: 1) Diesel mechanic is actually in Guaymas (10 miles away), name Omar, 622-112-9544. 2) Broker is Marisa at <avengeryachts@gmail.com> phone 622-855-9167. Surveyor is Al at <alsmithmarine@hotmail.com> phone 622-855-8532. The telephone country code for Mexico is 52. I have first hand experience with Omar. I haven't worked with Al or Marisa but their reputation is very good.
Thanks vivabob, I sent Marisa an email
SKG56 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Mexico, sail, sailboat, san carlos