Originally Posted by Sail KiKa
Hi all this seems to be quite an old post but 3 x questions to the sailing community here:
1. Where can i read up on the requirements to bring in a used sail catamaran
2. Any taxes
, vat or import
3. Any recommendations where a semi-experienced crew member
can get some more sailing experience / exposure?
Many thx Marius
1) if you are resident in Singapore, shouldn't be too much hassle.
2) gst will need to be paid if you intend to register the boat
here. You don't have to. Foreign registered vessels can be kept here... You just need to apply for a cruising permit
each time you want to use it.
3) Changi Sailing Club is the best place. There is a race
next week on Sunday at 2pm. If you want to crew, ask for the skipper
of Southern Light. Pm me for details.