Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-01-2021, 23:33   #1

Boat: S&S 40
Biasboating Mail order

Hi all,
In Australia there is a mail order company BIAS BOATING back in the market.
Their website biasboating.com looks good, so I ordered a Sarca Excel a couple of weeks ago and paid via Paypal.
For some reason the transaction didn't show up in my online account with this company, however, they sent me an invoice
I tried to ring them today just to check on a delivery date.
All their contact details have been scrapped, email and contact number of their warehouse in Southport Queensland have been shut down.

Anyway I am trying to get money back from Paypal but I am not holding my breath.
Anyone bought or ordered anything from this company?
Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2021, 00:54   #2

Re: Biasboating Mail order

Have you tried their 1800 790 242 number? They are very active on the Facebook, replying to comments etc. maybe try leaving them a comment in the public forum.

They where at one time a mainstay of marine chandlery, and tended to keep Whitworths in check. I worked for them at Lane Cove store back when BCF first started, and I know that was the topic of conversation with management... not sure if they got squeezed out or not.
Fendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2021, 01:34   #3

Boat: Nantucket Island 33
Re: Biasboating Mail order

Bias boating became "Boating and RV" who are pretty good with their mail order except for communication when there are delays due to stock. Nevertheless, they're my preferred online marine retailer.

If they are the same mob, give the number a call and speak to someone, as they tend not to provide status updates for mail order delays via email but will bend over backwards if you talk to them directly.
Reefmagnet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat, boating