Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-01-2017, 05:56   #46

Re: Best Sailing channels on Youtube

gaucho - I 100% agree. I'm in the film business also. 180% south took many many years to be finally released. The 2 crew members that list their names in the blog are both successful DP's and editors! The 3rd is one of the Malloy family in my mind. I'd have to say Chris!
Yes, the footage they shoot blows all other sailing channels out of the water but that should be expected. There is a big difference shooting with a RED and Prime lenses than shooting on a 5D mark 111.
Also if you have read the blog they bought a boat that has sailed around the world and they are retracing the route the departed owner took which leads me to believe they will release a full length movie of this adventure.
SV Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2017, 07:19   #47

Boat: CD25

Sail story
Mom dad and 5 year old Molly sell their house buy there 1st sailboat and head South down the ICW and hopefully Bahamas and beyond.
Nice family having fun learning about life on board that is new to them.
Peter1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2017, 07:17   #48

Boat: 1985 Canadian Sailcraft CS30

[QUOTE=meatservo;2303577]I just want to crew with Miss Lonestar.

You can't crew....she doesn't have a boat. In my opinion she should go home take care of her kids first. I personally find her a bit too skanky for my likes.
mottseng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2017, 07:33   #49

Boat: wanting a cat

Well, the odds of me crewing with her was about zero before your post. What's your point?

meatservo
meatservo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2017, 07:52   #50

[QUOTE=meatservo;2310013]Well, the odds of me crewing with her was about zero before your post. What's your point?

Didn.t mean to burst your dreams and there really is no point other than the fact is she doesn't have a boat but gets money from followers of her sailing channel. I believe people follow her not because of the great sailing content but the sex aspect. I really don't know her whole story but from what is there for us to see she has abandoned her kids and for that I choose not to follow her.

Just an opinion here like yours
Old 23-01-2017, 08:05   #51

Boat: Colegate 26

Most of the channels mentioned in this thread are already on my watch list, but there are a couple I haven't seen.

One I haven't seen in the thread yet is Erik Aanderaa's "No ******** Just Sailing". He's not a cruiser but he is an adventure sailor, and some of his videos are pretty cool.

LoudMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2017, 08:16   #52
QBF

Quote:
Originally Posted by alctel View Post
Keep Turning Left

Guy sailing around the UK in a small boat, poking into every ditch on the way.

It's like watching a BBC documentary.
Guido Dwersteg's trip around the Atlantic on his Bavaria 32 Holiday, Carpe Diem.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDJIgr5AVMYuQnS_eugSvlA/videos

I also recommend Dylan Winter's site, Keep Turning Left. Dylan shows you don't need a large boat to have great adventures.
QBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2017, 09:15   #53

Check out my channel at:

https://youtu.be/VCkZ9NrPXs8

My dog and I are just getting g started but the journey will end in a circumnavigation!
aliquidlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2017, 12:06   #54

Boat: 1986 CS 30
Send a message via Yahoo to Hank Kivett

I am looking for that prefect set of video's that depict a smaller boat somewhere in the range of 30 to 32 that is or has been down the ditch to the keys and has recorded his or her journey. Someone that i can mentor with who can advise and or suggest. All the ones i have seen so far have huge boats and it seem an endless supply of funds. The ones who can say what to do or not...places to stay away from and places that seem to welcome you. To suggest the things or items that would be useful in the journey.
Hank Kivett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2017, 14:59   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV Sea View Post
She's now switched teams since having to deal with Robb! Not a chance she'll want you on her boat!
Disturbing video of her face after she got beaten. Think there are way better sailing videos.
Old 26-01-2017, 08:57   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleen411 View Post
Disturbing video of her face after she got beaten. Think there are way better sailing videos.
Tough to judge without hearing the other side. Not really sure if the black eye was real. It looked to perfect.
Old 06-02-2017, 07:01   #57
QBF

Here are two sites that have lots of info, photo's and video's on their travels as they sail around the world. Both boat owners have YouTube channels, although there are a lot of videos on their websites. Both of these boats are Ovni 365's.

Chamade (including a journey around western Russia, and a passage of the NorthWest passage.)
Blog chamade 2015 » Bienvenue à bord de Chamade

Entre-Côtes/Lili la Mouette (Norway, the Arctic, Iceland, and on to a tour around the world)
Lili la Mouettee.com

Note: Both websites are in French, as are their videos.
QBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 18:37   #58

Boat: 1983 Aloha 34

Hi there! We are in an Aloha 34 and have a blog and YouTube channel (though I'm still working on getting "good" at videos) the blog is svragnarok.com and from there you can click on the video tab to get to YouTube. I think you can search "svragnarok sailboat" on YouTube and it'll come up. We've owned the boat for 3 years, and left out of Knoxville TN in July. We are currently in Gulfport FL with plans to continue south soon! So lots of river travel, ICW, and working on the gulf crossing video as we speak!
Old 08-02-2017, 07:15   #59

This thread brings up some interesting opinions and observations. What would you consider to be a good sailing youtube to follow?

For me it would include the boat itself in terms of rigging, sailing characteristics, maintenance, instruments, etc. Then there is the the actual sailing to destinations. What is involved? Timing, storms, difficulties, navigation etc.

In my opinion a good sailing channel does not include watching crew taking pictures of each other on the beach, sitting at a bar drinking, or anything else that doesn't have any connection with actual sailing.
Old 14-02-2017, 15:20   #60

Boat: Jeanneau 36 and C&C 29 MkII

Quote:
Originally Posted by mottseng View Post
This thread brings up some interesting opinions and observations. What would you consider to be a good sailing youtube to follow?

For me it would include the boat itself in terms of rigging, sailing characteristics, maintenance, instruments, etc. Then there is the the actual sailing to destinations. What is involved? Timing, storms, difficulties, navigation etc.

In my opinion a good sailing channel does not include watching crew taking pictures of each other on the beach, sitting at a bar drinking, or anything else that doesn't have any connection with actual sailing.

This is an excellent question or point. There are many youtube sailing channels out there but only a couple that I would even consider watching. The majority are just too painful, absolute amateurs doing some pretty stupid things. I just watched an episode of Sailing Uma. They were offshore in a questionably seaworthy boat, beating into 30 knot winds with no lifelines on the boat, no jack lines setup, no harnesses, I just shake my head and the sad part is, people watch this **** and figure, " hey we should do that."

I much prefer to watch something that is done by someone who has an idea of what they are doing.
Pete O Static is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sail, sailing