Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-10-2013, 08:19   #61

Re: Best Coastal Cruiser under 30ft?

I have a 1977 Sabre 28, purchased 5 years ago, that has been very good to me - no hull or deck blistering, Atomic 4 runs like a champ. I do regular winter maintenance (have it in my yard in Marion, MA) but have not had to replace anything major, not even the standing rigging. Sleeps 6 in a pinch, 4 easily.

This boat seemingly sells for around $10,000 with the gas engine, about $5K more with a diesel.

Good luck,
Ware
warefuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 14:03   #62

Boat: Schucker mini-trawler
Send a message via AIM to janice142 Send a message via MSN to janice142 Send a message via Yahoo to janice142 Send a message via Skype™ to janice142

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakenseattle View Post
Hello Experts,

So please…give me some opinions. I really need suggestions of brands and models that I can research.

• 30ft or under
• Able to single-hand
• Overnight accommodations
• Comfortable
• Good build quality
• Good size cockpit
Hello JakenSeattle. I'm not an expert by any means but did create a website with essentially your search criteria back when I was boat shopping. It was my "working notes" so there is of course room for differing opinions. And AtomVoyages links to some of my pages so have at the full details if you wish.

[Of course if anyone has more information/pictures/schematics, it would be great to receive same (while I have an internet connection for uploading!)]

Good luck Jake!
This link is to my Boat List:
Janice aboard Seaweed welcomes you to my world...
Old 10-10-2013, 14:53   #63

Boat: Watkins 29'
Quote:
Originally Posted by janice142 View Post
Hello JakenSeattle. I'm not an expert by any means but did create a website with essentially your search criteria back when I was boat shopping. It was my "working notes" so there is of course room for differing opinions. And AtomVoyages links to some of my pages so have at the full details if you wish. [Of course if anyone has more information/pictures/schematics, it would be great to receive same (while I have an internet connection for uploading!)] Good luck Jake! Janice aboard Seaweed welcomes you to my world...
Hey Janice, just spent some time poking around your site. Looks like you pretty much have it all figured out, good for you! Will keep my eyes peeled for you on the ICW.
Old 10-10-2013, 16:09   #64

Boat: Schucker mini-trawler
Send a message via AIM to janice142 Send a message via MSN to janice142 Send a message via Yahoo to janice142 Send a message via Skype™ to janice142

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Vogdes View Post
Hey Janice, just spent some time poking around your site. Looks like you pretty much have it all figured out, good for you! Will keep my eyes peeled for you on the ICW.
Thanks Mike... not sure if I've gotten it all figured out (still working at that) but after more than 5 decades of boating experience I've probably made most of the mistakes out there, and I'm only on Seaweed for 5.5 years so far.

What I noticed about you though, is you're aboard a Watkins29 -- a boat that lacks a folder on the Boat List page. You could change that! Please, if you have time and bandwidth, pictures, text, schematics, etc. would be great for folks interested in your vessel for their own cruising home. (my userid at gmail or janice@janice142.com otherwise)

The Boat List was updated (every link tested) just last week and all are active/working: http://janice142.com/BoatList.html
Old 12-10-2013, 21:28   #65
Marine Service Provider

We hope you found a good boat to buy !
Kyle & Starr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruise, cruiser