Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-02-2021, 01:14   #1

Boat: Amel 50
Beneteau, Jeanneau, Bavaria, Elan, etc. mass production boats that circumnavigated

Beneteau, Jeanneau, Bavaria, Elan, etc. mass production boats that circumnavigated - make thread describing Boat , type nad year of production.
I wonder how many done it - although should sink as no ''Bluewater production'' as Amel, Oyster, HR, Hylas, etc.
I wonder how many of them are here.
Freshman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2021, 04:39   #2
CLOD

Boat: none
Re: Beneteau, Jeanneau, Bavaria, Elan, etc. mass production boats that circumnavigate

there have been enough
Old 27-02-2021, 04:46   #3

Re: Beneteau, Jeanneau, Bavaria, Elan, etc. mass production boats that circumnavigate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorboy1 View Post
there have been enough
Have you one one ? If not it is not post about.
Old 27-02-2021, 05:05   #4

Boat: Outbound 44

Not sure what the point of the OP is.
Look at the Workd Arc lists for the last few years, plenty of Beneteau, Jeanneau, Bavaria on it
Old 27-02-2021, 06:11   #5
CLOD

Boat: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshman View Post
Have you one one ? If not it is not post about.
have seen LOTS

just what is you goal on this thread? you think it makes you seem to have some boat knowledge or something? IT DOESN'T
Old 27-02-2021, 06:24   #6

My friend Jordan sailed a benetau oceanic 35 (2017) from Florida to New Caledonia with his wife and son. Jordan and I are planning a circumnavigation in 2025 and will use a production boat.
Kontiki went across the pacific with no engine made of raft logs. production boats are fine.
As sailor boy said, just look at the list for the ARC
dhenline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2021, 07:37   #7
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Retired Delivery Capt
Send a message via Skype™ to Snore

Of the boats listed, I would focus on the Jeanneau.

IMHO, they are better built and have better hand holds. When looking at the model of boat you wish to buy, imagine with a 5-10 degree heal and suddenly rolling 20 degrees the other way. Where would you grab hold???
"Whenever...it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people's hats off- then, I account it high time to get to sea..." Ishmael
Snore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2021, 07:57   #8
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Beneteau, Jeanneau, Bavaria, Elan, etc. mass production boats that circumnavigate

Another vBlue Water Boat' delusionist..
The Titanic was 'Blue Water' and look what happened to her..

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the drums.
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2021, 09:52   #9

ARC is just the small part of sailing boats which are crossing oceans. More of them sails solo.
Old 27-02-2021, 10:39   #10

Just take a look at M.Jambo channel on YouTube. That will give you some ideas about what can be achieved with a very basic production yacht.
PeroniPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2021, 14:46   #11

Boat: Dufour 39 Frers

Beneteau first 30 (around 1980), went aroun dthe world, for a 3 years trip.
Au fil des milles - Le Bateau
Emouchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2021, 16:25   #12

Boat: Volkscruiser

Well said Boatman61, I used to think as long as it floats, has a pointy bow and you are brave enough anything can sail around the world. Now having followed Yann Quenet even a pointy bow is not a requirement.
For Freshman, a client last week sailed USA, UK, Med, Panama, then home to Australia. Stock standard 34 foot Benny. Boat was still in excellent structural condition after all those miles.
Cheers
https://taveacbaluchon.blogspot.com/
Fore and Aft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2021, 16:31   #13

Our Amel Super Maramu has been around the world--twice.

Does that give us two votes?
BillKny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2021, 17:11   #14

Boat: 2010 Jeanneau SO 44i

Freshman, sailing is not a boat it’s a skill, the most credible sailors are humble, there is no though talking when you are on the late watch and the make of your vessel is not what counts.
As an officer for a very large emergency service municipality I would tell the new fire fighters obsessed with what the patch says on the front of there helmet. Firefighting is not what is on the helmet, it’s what’s in the hart.
Circumnavigation is not who made your boat, it’s the road that got you there and the hart/soul that did it.
Lots of Hinkleys, Swans, sparkman& Stephan’s vessels in the mooring fields around my local harbor Oyster Bay. Nobody moves when the wind goes over 25 knots, except me and my 2010 Jeanneau 44i.

Cheers
Kd9truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2021, 18:38   #15

Boat: Outbound 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshman View Post
ARC is just the small part of sailing boats which are crossing oceans. More of them sails solo.
World Arc boats are a small number of the total boats that circumnavigate in a year. I seriously doubt that more solo sailors complete a circumnavaigation in a year than a typical World Arc number.
Paul L is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bavaria, beneteau, boat, jeanneau