Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-03-2018, 13:49   #1

Boat: Passage 24/30 Cutter
Another keel lost, another capsize

JPCate . . . O no! I agree the post became political and probably deserved to be removed, but does this mean we'll never get to know what happened to the owners of the sunken sailboat, or whether their sunken boat was ever removed from the channel? This could be even more frustrating than not knowing who killed JFK
Old 21-03-2018, 14:36   #2

Boat: Volkscruiser
Re: Another keel lost, another capsize

I am with you SailorBob, I would love to have an update on what they are doing now?
Cheers
Old 21-03-2018, 15:08   #3

Boat: Sold, alas, because life happens.

Update: They sold the wrecked boat and bought a replacement for (wait for it) one US dollar.

Fair Use quote from an article dated March 21st, 2018:

" ... That’s because on Monday he signed over the title to the Lagniappe to Joseph Moore, owner of Disco Volante Marine, who planned to begin to raise the wreckage this week. The engine and fuel tank, the main environmental concerns, were pulled up weeks ago.

Broadwell, Walsh and their dog, Remy, should be back on the water soon. Mark Reinecke, a retired physician living in St. Petersburg, sold them his cherished 1985 Cheoy Lee Pedrick 36-foot sailboat the Odyssey for $1 after reading they’d come from Colorado, like he and his wife, and had a 2-year-old pug, which reminded them of their old pug, Chow. ... "

Full article here: Couple whose dream boat sank gets a bigger, better boat for a buck
Old 21-03-2018, 15:25   #4

Boat: Westerly Sealord

What we really need to know is why the keel fell off of 50 year old boat belonging to total strangers on the far side of the world in a channel where local sailors run aground on a daily basis. At the very least I would expect a full USCG inquiry into the incident.... with the results of the inquiry given due prominence in all of the world's maritime journals and the Daily Mail.

Once this is done I expect a board of very learned CF posters ( you know who you are ! ) to review the results and then tell the USCG where they got it wrong as no mention was made in the USCG findings of the perps being young, not financially well heeled, not holding Master Cl 1 foreign going master mariner certificates, and having communist leanings.....
Old 21-03-2018, 15:55   #5

Boat: Presto 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pinguino View Post
What we really need to know is why the keel fell off of 50 year old boat belonging to total strangers on the far side of the world in a channel where local sailors run aground on a daily basis. At the very least I would expect a full USCG inquiry into the incident.... with the results of the inquiry given due prominence in all of the world's maritime journals and the Daily Mail.

Once this is done I expect a board of very learned CF posters ( you know who you are ! ) to review the results and then tell the USCG where they got it wrong as no mention was made in the USCG findings of the perps being young, not financially well heeled, not holding Master Cl 1 foreign going master mariner certificates, and having communist leanings.....
Especially. "having communist leanings"....
Closed Thread

Tags
capsize, keel, lost, size