Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-07-2020, 11:51   #1

Boat: Bristol 31.1
Another Dinghy thread

We're looking for a cheap dinghy to get us the 50 yards or so to the mooring, and to row the dog ashore during our overnighters. Most inflatables in our budget are in tough shape, plus they don't row too well. I'm focusing on a traditional dinghy. We don't have room to stow a dinghy on the deck of our 31 footer. So for the occasional (twice a season maybe?) 3 day cruise outside of Narragansett Bay towing effort is a consideration.

I think my ideal would be a Walker Bay with the flotation tubes for added stability, but I'd take one without them as well. Next would be something that can be outfitting for sailing like a Dyer. But I've also see a few Water Tender 9.2 tri-hull types. I wold think it should make the trip to the mooring ok and my wife would probably appreciate the added stability. I'm wondering how they would tow compared to a vee bottom.

Any experience with tri-hull types of dinghies and how they tow, effort-wise, compared to a v hull?
gansett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 15:55   #2

Re: Another Dinghy thread

Check out Newport vessels just bought 8.6 love it. Foldable 18 inch tubes got hard floor. 7.6 I think around 800 check Amazon
Hullboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dinghy