Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-09-2016, 08:12   #46

Re: Annapolis Boat Show: CF Roundup

Count me in for any of the nights (including Thursday)... or for more than 1 night.

I think it would be great to meet up with everyone!
shipbldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2016, 08:37   #47

Boat: Pearson 422

I talked to the chef/GM of Harvest Wood Grill & Tap, right at the City Dock across from the market house (old Riordan's location for old time Annapolitans). He would be happy to set aside tables either upstairs or downstairs for CF members. They specialize in wood grilled food, raw bar (oysters), and craft beer.
Paperbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2016, 11:27   #48

I will be in town Saturday and Sunday this year with my kids. So if you do something Saturday night I will come.
Breenme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2016, 16:43   #49

Boat: Grand Soleil 46.3

My wife the baby and and I will be sailing Seawolf down the CD canal from the delaware and will be anchoring where ever there is space for the weekend. Hopefully it's not too chilly on the water!

Sent from my SM-P550 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app

-Jedi master Yoda
natraps116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 21:52   #50

I think it's easy to meet upstairs at Pusser's once inside the show. Just go to the far right corner once up the staircase, it's the opposite side from the band and dockside from the bar. Depending upon transportation folks can then decide where it'd be easiest to go eat and drink.

There are decent restaurants up towards the top of Main St on either side, that don't get that crowded because folks don't want to walk up that far. I've had good meals at the Italian place on the right side about 3/4ths the way up. Also, the lobster Roll place on the right side halfway up is my Lunch *go to stop* EVERYDAY I'm there!

The Iron Rooster is good for breakfast before going into the show. It's on the Circle off Main St in the right hand corner 300ft from the main gate of the show.

Over the Spa Creek Bridge a bit of a hike is the 'Boatyard bar & Grille', which would be a better dinner place, since you are going a distance from the show.

If we choose a few places like these then folks with young sailors in tow can still join in meetups earlier in the day, and then the bar folks can meetup after hours.

Or we can all sit on the seawall and have the lady hand us chowder, hot dogs, and ice cream bars over the fence

I'll be there Thursday morning until Saturday afternoon, look forward to meeting some CF'ers this year as last year I missed the meetups!
Clamdigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 03:54   #51

Boat: Formerly Pearson 28-1, now just a sailing dinghy

Looks like we're still kind of trying to pin down a time. I put together a Doodle poll which will collate everyone's responses; and even pre-populated it with people's responses from this thread. If you haven't yet mentioned your days available to attend the show, put them on here so we can choose a day (or two)!

Edit: Based on the results today - I'd recommend doing Thursday and Saturday nights. A lot of people can do Thursday but not Saturday, and vice-versa, so this will give everyone the most chance to meet at least one other CFer. Probably makes sense to just do a cocktail place somewhere.

In addition to trying to get one (or two) big evening meetups on the calendar, it might also make sense, as Clamdigger suggested, to designate a place that CFers can just drop in on throughout the day, and there may or may not be another CFer eating an ice cream code. Wear a name tag!
brownoarsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 09:43   #52

Boat: Leopard 42 Catamaran

This is like herding cats! Trust me all places are crowded and the walk to Boatyard a piece of cake. The fact a chef/GM offered to save tables is huge during such a busy time so perhaps take Paperbird's suggestion.
Luftmeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 10:48   #53
Marine Service Provider

I am up for Thursday night . Just need the time and place .
svninkasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 10:53   #54

Boat: a sailing boat

Maybe when you are back, you could share some opinions and pictures?

It would be nice if we could get our own CF reporting from such events.

Cheers,
b.
barnakiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 17:55   #55

Boat: right now 2 14' lasers

Wondering if hurricane Mathew will affect boat show attendance?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Binarysailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 18:44   #56

Boat: IP 40

My wife and I will be there for the show from Wed night on. So we'd be down for a Thursday get together if that works out. We've only been to Annapolis a few times so don't know the area all that well but we know Pussers and meeting there works for us.

Natraps - We've watched a lot of your video hope y'all make it.
Old 03-10-2016, 19:55   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnakiel View Post
Maybe when you are back, you could share some opinions and pictures?

It would be nice if we could get our own CF reporting from such events.

Cheers,
b.
I got ya' covered I did not think anyone not attending the Show would be interested so never took any photos. I'll document whatever I can and then try and post it up by Monday.

I do think the Hurricane WILL AFFECT attendance this year as far as folks who actually own a boat anywhere on the Eastern Seaboard will/SHOULD have their boat's best interest at heart, especially liveaboards since it's their home(s). From NC South it's a crap shoot where it could cause severe damage coastally. North of NC it would have to pull a 'Sandy' and move Westerly to hit the NJ/NYC areas

Like I mentioned, if folks initially meet upstairs at Pusser's and then decide where to go after the show, it's a no brainer. Let's just make High Noon/ 1200hrs/ 12pm until 1300/1pm the time to meet upstairs.

Boatyard Bar N Grille, Davis Pub, Naval Bagels, The Lobster Joint up Middle of Main St on Right side, Iron Rooster, Chick N Ruth's Deli (VG crabcakes & Pickles!), are all known entities to me as I have eaten at these places for as long as most of them have been in business It's boatshow month and every place will be crowded to the gills, but these places are worth the wait to eat at.

The place the Chef/Mgr would set aside some tables for us has changed hands a few times recently so Yelp would be your friend.

Packing tomorrow as I got everything battened down here already in NJ
Clamdigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 06:49   #58

Boat: 1992 lagoon 42 tpi

Me and my wife got some last minute time off, so we are coming down. Gonna land late Thurs, but can attend any meet on Fri or sat. Not sure if we are flying out Sunday or Monday yet.
chris mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 06:35   #59

Hi, Everyone,

We would love to join a get together at the Boat Show this week. We live aboard our Beneteau 46 in Baltimore. We have 2 kids - 7 and 2.5 years old. For families with kids out there - we will only have our youngest with us this weekend. I posted another message about getting together on this forum before I realized that Adam(?) had already posted this message.

We are trying to decide if we take our boat to the show or if we drive. We are still playing it by ear and watching the weather. But if the weather cooperates, we could sail the boat to the show and host a get together on Saturday evening if there are enough of us willing to meet and greet.

How does Saturday evening sound for everyone for a get together?

Please respond so we can start firming up the plans.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Yuliya, Daryl, Steven and Andrew
Landfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 06:42   #60

Boat: Leopard 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperbird View Post
I talked to the chef/GM of Harvest Wood Grill & Tap, right at the City Dock across from the market house (old Riordan's location for old time Annapolitans). He would be happy to set aside tables either upstairs or downstairs for CF members. They specialize in wood grilled food, raw bar (oysters), and craft beer.
That sounds good! Does Saturday night work for everyone?

Maje
Tom and Maje is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
annapolis, annapolis boat show, boat show