Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-09-2021, 08:33   #1

Boat: 1984 Passport 42 pilothouse cutter
Annapolis Boat Show 2021

I realized the big boat shows are right around the corner. I am on te east coast for the first time, so I am eagerly anticipating the Annapolis shows ~ 4hr drive. i own a 42ft boat so I'm primarily looking at gear and venders. im in the middle of a refit, and next major projects is plumbing/electrical systems, and painting/ complete refit of the mast. Also not familiar with this area, or the local venders in the Norfolk to ~ 200 mile range so i was counting this as my opportunity to network and figure out where to get stuff done.

United States Power Boat Show - October 07-10
United States SailBoat Show - October 14-18, 2021

when I was in San Diego I would put in for the free haul out drawing every year. not sure what drawings, deals, and boat show specials i should look at in Annapolis.

Is there specific deals and things i should look at or prioritize?

Strategies and tips for the show?

Thanks

Robert
alaskanviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2021, 11:36   #2

Boat: Bayfield 36
Re: Annapolis Boat Show 2021

Ahoy,

I use the exhibitor list to organize my route. You can find it here.
https://www.annapolisboatshows.com/u...os-exhibiting/

Also, don't overlook that many online vendors, such as Defender, have boat show specials even though they are not exhibiting at the show.

Dennis
s/v Ferrity
Ferrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2021, 14:45   #3

Boat: Hylas 49

Avoid the weekend. Too crowded (unless it rains).
Factory reps will answer questions and can usually tell you who has the best prices.
TheOffice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2021, 06:46   #4

Boat: 1984 Passport 42 pilothouse cutter

For anyone else looking at this for future shows

I had stuff going on Saturday morning, so I drove up Sunday. Got to the show around noon. It was busy but not horribly at the gear booths. most people were looking at boats. I was able to talk to some of the dealers one on one for the most part. Got some of the answers I was looking for.

Stayed at one of the hotels up the road -hilton. Was expensive but got a decent enough deal with AAA. It was close enough to walk ~15 min walk. Uber and taxis took 15m+ just to get to you and I saw there was a ton of traffic so it would have taken longer than 15m to get there. The walking route goes by a ton of restaurants and relevent shops. Musto and a few others had big sales at their stores, while they also had booths the inventory wasn't the same at the two spots. Many of the parking spots close to the show were expensive. The hotel /walking solution let me park the car and forget it and I suspect I saved a little overall.

Using Monday at the show to Target specific venders, go see some of the you tube channel peops at their booths and see a few of the boats since it should be less busy. Will leave early to stop and see some of the Annapolis sites.

The con if course is my feet and legs are definitely tender. Last night my feet were throbbing. But it was worth it
alaskanviking is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
annapolis, annapolis boat show, boat, boat show