Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-01-2021, 07:49   #1

Boat: Nauticat 43
AGM Super Cell batteries

I have done a search on the words in this title but can't find the information I'm looking for. I apologize if I've overlooked it, but does anyone have experience with the Victron Super Cell AGM batteries? These seem to have many of the desirable attributes of Li ion batteries but at substantially lower cost. Victron published a whitepaper with these claims: "Tests have shown that the Super Cycle battery does withstand at least three hundred 100% depth of discharge (DoD) cycles. The tests consist of a daily discharge to 10.8V with I = 0.2C, followed by approximately two hours rest in discharged condition, and then a recharge with I = 0.2C. The two hours rest period in discharged condition will damage most batteries within 100 cycles, but not the Super Cycle battery. We recommend the Super Cycle battery for applications where an occasional discharge to 100% DoD, or frequent discharge to 60- 80% DoD is expected. An additional advantage of the new chemistry is a slightly smaller size and less weight compared to our standard deep cycle AGM batteries."

Tags
agm, batteries