Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-05-2014, 22:31   #1

1998 Seaward Fox cat rigged info

Hello all, found another boat and need info on it. I could only find one owner review online, so I am hoping some of you have experience with it.

The boat is a 1998 Seaward Fox 20' cat rigged boat with a wing keel. At 6'02" it is the only boat this size I have found that I could sleep on. The one owner review I saw said the set up and take down is simple and takes about five minuets. One weird thing was the outboard (Yamaha 3 hp 2-smoke) attaches to the back of the rudder. I googled this as well and couldn't find any info on this set up. I am afraid it will put a lot of unnecessary stress on the rudder hardware. I love the looks of the boat. It is listed at $11,900 which seems to be almost double what I have seen the asking price of others. NADA has average price around 7500. I really liked the way the boat felt sitting on it today. It is just weird to think of sailing with just the main. I mostly sail on the Columbia River and the current can get swift. If the wind gets light is 190 sq ft sail area adequate for a 20 ft boat in a strong current? I really hope someone has some experience with these and can help me out here.
bigjer40 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
award, seaward