Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-09-2016, 06:49   #1

Travelling from Antilles to Cuba

Hi! I'll be doing the Transatlantic crossing in the beginning of November (I know, it's a bit early, but those are the skipper's plan) which should bring me to Martinique in the second half of the month.

After that, I'm looking for a way to Cuba, possibly by boat, as a hitchhiker.
As I don't have a lot of knowledge about the sailing path and time of the year to do this type of trip, I wanted to have more information about it.
So my question is: where should I go in order to have more chances to find a passage to Cuba from the Lesser Antilles? In which time of the year this path is more trafficked? (I know there are a lot of people going south in that time of the year, but I need to find a vessel going north).

Thanks in advance
fra.bia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2016, 07:10   #2

Boat: Boatless
Re: Travelling from Antilles to Cuba

While I have done the Caribbean to Mexico/Cuba/US twice in November/December I do not know any other boats that have done this 'less travelled path' at that time of year. Very few reasons to leave the Caribbean going north until May/June when people start to worry about hurricane season.

Good luck.

"Remember, experience only means that you screw-up less often."
s/v Moondancer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Cuba