Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-11-2010, 06:28   #1

Too Drunk to Find My Dinghy

I posted this for the enjoyment of those who sail the BVI and for those wanting to at another forum....

I wanted to share it here as well.

Adam Turinas wrote this story about his experience at the Willy T and we crack up every time we read it....or think about it.

Adam's writing style is candid & hilarious. It is so easy to picture the events in your mind as they unfold...

Having recently returned from the BVI, and from the Willy T, I love just re-reading the story again and again....it was so much fun imagining Adam's antics while on board the Willy T.

I would love to hear of other people's humorous experiences in the BVI as well....

laughter is the best medicine!

enjoy!

Too drunk to find my dinghy - Messing About In Sailboats
Old 29-11-2010, 12:12   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1990 Macintosh 47, "Merlin"
Ah! We have a similar tale from the Willie T:

It was our first night on the charter. We closed down Willie T's, and hopped into our dinghy (the only one left!), to go back to the boat. Uh-oh, which boat is it? What's the NAME of our boat? "Windsong"?, NO, that was LAST year.

We spent almost an hour running around the Bight trying to figure out which boat was ours. THEN, a stroke of GENIUS:

We are looking for the only charter boat without a dinghy...
bstreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2010, 13:26   #3

Boat: Tayana 37
We were there last years and can see how that could happen. If we go again I'll drop the wife off and go and anchor the boat off. Then there's no confusion. The only problem will be the swim back.

Dave
ddsailor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2010, 16:09   #4

cracks me up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstreep View Post

It was our first night on the charter. We closed down Willie T's, and hopped into our dinghy (the only one left!), to go back to the boat. Uh-oh, which boat is it? What's the NAME of our boat? "Windsong"?, NO, that was LAST year.

We spent almost an hour running around the Bight trying to figure out which boat was ours. THEN, a stroke of GENIUS:

thanks so much for sharing your story...hilarious... we all have "duh" moments in life!! Pure Genius!
Old 29-11-2010, 16:10   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddsailor25 View Post
We were there last years and can see how that could happen. If we go again I'll drop the wife off and go and anchor the boat off. Then there's no confusion. The only problem will be the swim back.

Dave
its always good to have a plan!
Old 30-11-2010, 21:38   #6

You crack me up! You don't know the name of your boat? The Bight is rather a big place...at night Glad you got back ok...LOL We had a similar experience - we left the mast head light off....it's around here somewhere....bump...are we home? Way to go! What are the odds? LOL
busyengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2010, 21:55   #7

Boat: Baba 35
Quote:

Hahahaha!

I was going to post my Willie T's story as well.

Short version: I managed to somehow take off with 3 other dingys in tow according to my GF. People were yelling until somehow they were returned with help. (Don't remember that part)

I woke up the next morning naked except for my shoes and Shoulder Bag on. I jumped off the top of Willie T's with my clothes on at some point. That explained the need to shed my clothes sometime after arriving back.

Best line ever though was from the Girlfriend while taking a shower, "*Scream* Why are there tattoos on my breasts!?"
Patient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2010, 22:01   #8

Boat: Georgian 23 Whiskeyjack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patient View Post
Best line ever though was from the Girlfriend while taking a shower, "*Scream* Why are there tattoos on my breasts!?"
This thread is worthless without pics. )
bljones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2010, 22:05   #9

How did she get tattoos on her breasts? LOL were you asleep? Shame on you! We saved the Willy T for last and it was awesome! Even for mid week - last time I was there our "seasoned" captain couldn't stand the nudity and asked if we could take him home...waaaa!
Old 30-11-2010, 22:12   #10

I've got pics...oh yea but perhaps on another site? LOL
Old 30-11-2010, 22:18   #11

Boat: Baba 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by busyengineer View Post
How did she get tattoos on her breasts? LOL were you asleep? Shame on you! We saved the Willy T for last and it was awesome! Even for mid week - last time I was there our "seasoned" captain couldn't stand the nudity and asked if we could take him home...waaaa!
Aww. I found the nudity quite harmless. Nothing you haven't seen moored next to an all dutch chartering crew.

As for the Tattoos I won't spoil the surprise. All I will say is that the bartender there could write a thesis on the sales pitch. He has his method of convincing seemingly innocent women to do incredible things down to a science.
Patient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 19:28   #12
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1990 Macintosh 47, "Merlin"
Another funny Willie T story, from CW:

Seems a bareboat group came into the anchorage right at dusk. Back in the pre-moorings days. Dropped anchor right behind a captained charter, hopped in the dinghy and left for the Willie T.

The next morning the captain pulled anchor, and noticed the bareboat following them close behind. Went out of the anchorage, and still noticed them behind them. Then noted the anchor from the bareboat in their dinghy!

No one awoke while they went out and around to Soldier Bay, and dropped their anchor. Now imagine what went thru their heads when they got up?????
bstreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 20:43   #13

Incredible!!!

Quote:
Another funny Willie T story, from CW:

Seems a bareboat group came into the anchorage right at dusk. Back in the pre-moorings days. Dropped anchor right behind a captained charter, hopped in the dinghy and left for the Willie T.

The next morning the captain pulled anchor, and noticed the bareboat following them close behind. Went out of the anchorage, and still noticed them behind them. Then noted the anchor from the bareboat in their dinghy!

No one awoke while they went out and around to Soldier Bay, and dropped their anchor. Now imagine what went thru their heads when they got up?????

wow!! the Captained charter must have had their dingy pretty far from the boat.... I cant imagine getting the anchor in someone else's dinghy.... I watch it as it falls into the watch....carefully so it does not ding the boat...

maybe it was Giblet bag's handiwork...in Adam's story...Giblet bag...manages to tangle the anchor around the keel!!! LOL!

too close for comfort!!

hilarious though!!!!
Old 02-12-2010, 20:44   #14

oops...watch it carefully as it falls into the WATER.... oops!
Old 02-12-2010, 23:47   #15

Boat: Pearson Ariel 264
Note to self: Go to Willie Ts