Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-06-2017, 14:31   #1

Boat: 1972 Catalina 25 ft
Starting all over again

Ok, here we go. Some might consider this posting as being a "bottom feeder". Some might see it as, whatever you come up with to see fit to call it. But, what is important to me is that I do not want to give up on my dream. Isn't that what is taught and instilled in us and carried onto our family and children as we get older. I have been around the world twice. Never wanted to travel again. Thought I had it out of my system. Boy was I ever wrong. Being a disabled vet, losing my family and my retirement. I still stand strong. Life is still kicking, but my time is running out. Dumb Doctors. But I refuse to fall down. I am looking for direction. I am on a fixed income. Peanuts, really. No I am not looking for a hand out. But a general direction on where to start looking. I have a 72 Catalina 25ft docked in New Orleans. The renovations have been started, but never finished. I moved to PR a year ago and was planning on shipping her over. But the port taxes are a weeee bit to expensive. Way more than what I had researched. I Have been looking around the caribbean for some time now in search of a new home, but with little luck. I am looking for a cheap good used fixer upper. Something I can take my time on. Something to sail around the islands here. Nothing fancy. But something that would be worthy for the seas around these parts. I've tried marinas, cl, classifados. But nothing has panned out for what I am in search for. Either the price was to high or it needed major overhauling. I've tried selling my boat back home to try and make up the difference for one out this way that needed some work. But with no luck. Any direction would be appreciated on where to look and go from there. Like I had previously stated. I could afford the crumbs from my peanuts but not the whole shell. Hey if anyone knows of anyone in New Orleans or near that would be interested in buying my boat, PM me, or someone selling theirs out this way. Thanks to all
ltdan is offline   Reply With Quote